Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS gen 5 barrel anybody seen this before.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynetheman View Post

sick of the color and never even owned one haha.
    Me neither! I like my guns black.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Here are pics of my 30 yr. old G19 barrel. Other than the loss of bluing, it actually looks better than yours especially at the muzzle end.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain, little to no wear at all.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Gen 5 was supposed to come with "diamond like" hard barrel coating that shouldn't wear off even after 5000 rds...

My G19X is like this. The barrel has maybe 250 to 300 rounds down it and the finish on the barrel on those same spots is worn. It was like that very very quickly.

I bought a Gen 4 G19 just prior to that and that barrel has like 500 rounds down it and looks brand new. So I just thought to myself the finish on the Gen 5 barrels wasn't as good.

there has been alot of issue on finish on the new gen 5 and 19x . something to do wit hthey cant use the same finishes as glock does in the EU

Seems kinda sketchy, a little wear can be assumed if the gun seen more qc usage and fiddling but that certainly seems like it was used perhaps as a demo piece and then slipped through the cracks to be sold as new.

i have 0 wear on my barrel and i have well over 1500-2000 rounds through it, just adding my experience

Glock 34 Gen 4 with 3 thousand rounds through it or so. Touch of wear at the front near the muzzle, the rest is pretty light.

I write on huntinggearguy.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    there has been alot of issue on finish on the new gen 5 and 19x . something to do with they cant use the same finishes as glock does in the EU
    Glock U.S.A. made guns no longer have the Tenifer finish due to U.S. environmental/permit controls. The Tenifer finish has, in part of the process, cyanide as a medium. They have tried to get close to the wear of the Tenifer but have not gotten there yet.

Having said that, has the OP dealt with IRG yet? First call I'd make to start the ball rolling. You are right in thinking that wear shouldn't be like that. My early gen 3 has seen thousands of rounds in numerous comps and training classes and still looks way better than the photo of the barrel he included.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by OCanada View Post
    Glock U.S.A. made guns no longer have the Tenifer finish due to U.S. environmental/permit controls. The Tenifer finish has, in part of the process, cyanide as a medium. They have tried to get close to the wear of the Tenifer but have not gotten there yet.

Having said that, has the OP dealt with IRG yet? First call I'd make to start the ball rolling. You are right in thinking that wear shouldn't be like that. My early gen 3 has seen thousands of rounds in numerous comps and training classes and still looks way better than the photo of the barrel he included.

P.
    Saw somewhere that MOS variant are not built in the US at all. Dont know if thats true but that would make by default OP handgun an Austrian made one. If the environmental concern is only at the moment of applying the finish that would exempt the OP Glock from these regulation and mean it has the standart Glock finish. I might be wrong tho
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1970
    My grandfather never worried about the dents in his mil-surps, he would say "that dent may be all that's left of some fellow's life."