Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS gen 5 barrel anybody seen this before.

CGN Regular
    This is Austrian built MOS. Irun has contacted me and I will keep updated.
    **update** Irun and Glock contacted me immediately.Irun is on top of it and the barrel will be returned to
    Glock for refinishing. Have to admit the customer service I received from both especially Irun is the best I have ever had from any company regarding any product. Good to see someone these days admitting these things happen owning up and rectifying it immediately with no run around. I also like Irun and didn’t want to cross them off my list as they always have the stuff that everybody else seems to be out of stock of in Canada.
    Last edited by keisersoze; 12-23-2018 at 01:34 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    This is Austrian built MOS. Irun has contacted me and I will keep updated.
    **update** Irun and Glock contacted me immediately.Irun is on top of it and the barrel will be returned to
    Glock for refinishing. Have to admit the customer service I received from both especially Irun is the best I have ever had from any company regarding any product. Good to see someone these days admitting these things happen owning up and rectifying it immediately with no run around. I also like Irun and didn’t want to cross them off my list as they always have the stuff that everybody else seems to be out of stock of in Canada.
    Good to hear you are being looked after.

Please update us with what happens and if you can find out if there are different finishes depending on the country of manufacture.

P.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Why would a “new” barrel need refinishing? I’m sure it didn’t leave the factory looking like that. That kind of wear should not be on a new barrel even if it was cycled a few times. There must be something more to this story.

Either way, glad it’s been looked after.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Great to hear that glock has such good customer service in canada, unlike others.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midoio View Post
    Great to hear that glock has such good customer service in canada, unlike others.
    This is from IRG so not Canadian. However, Jim from Glock Canada is fantastic to deal with.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    ...However, Jim from Glock Canada is fantastic to deal with.
    That is debatable and depends on your experiences with him....

Anyhow you stated that You have 0 rounds through it, how about the guy before you?
    Was the gun advertised and sold as new or used?
    Definitely a very WELL used barrel you got there....
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Ahhhh yeah, it's lovely it's going to get refinished but why was it sold to you like that in the first place?

IRUN and Glock have gone much higher on my list of most respected businesses to deal with, their prompt reaction is a confidence and trust instilling to say the least.
    But to slap a new finish on a barrel that has gone to hell and back shooting unknown number of rounds?! The only proper course of action to rectify this (in my opinion) would be to replace this shot out barrel for a brand new, only factory tested and shot barrel. Nothing replaces the excitement of box opening and that shiny brand spanking new firearm feeling and I feel more than confident that IRUN and Glock will take care of this customer and allow him to experience that thrilling feeling of excitement with his brand new Glock purchase, one of the finest firearms in the world, right next to CZ, Sig, Ruger, FN and S&W. My 2 cents.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    IRUN and Glock have gone much higher on my list of most respected businesses to deal with, their prompt reaction is a confidence and trust instilling to say the least.
    But to slap a new finish on a barrel that has gone to hell and back shooting unknown number of rounds?! The only proper course of action to rectify this (in my opinion) would be to replace this shot out barrel for a brand new, only factory tested and shot barrel. Nothing replaces the excitement of box opening and that shiny brand spanking new firearm feeling and I feel more than confident that IRUN and Glock will take care of this customer and allow him to experience that thrilling feeling of excitement with his brand new Glock purchase, one of the finest firearms in the world, right next to CZ, Sig, Ruger, FN and S&W. My 2 cents.
    We don't know that it was shot out. A picture of the bore would be helpful.
    In Glock We Trust

All I will say is I dealt with IRUN once and never again!