Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS gen 5 barrel anybody seen this before.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    This is from IRG so not Canadian. However, Jim from Glock Canada is fantastic to deal with.
    Jim did get in contact with me immediately and offered compensation or a new barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    Jim did get in contact with me immediately and offered compensation or a new barrel.
    Jim contacted you even though IRG is American? That is great! So who are you dealing with? IRG or Glock Canada?
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jperos View Post
    We don't know that it was shot out. A picture of the bore would be helpful.
    I did look closely at the bore and it’s hard to tell with the polygonal rifling how many rounds were through it but I could see small specs of copper in the bore. Is this normal with a polygonal barrel after testing? So to me I would say it was shot. How much I don’t know, all I know is I did not put 1 round through it. It wasn’t until I bought a RMR and mounted it did I notice the barrel wear.

CGN Regular
    Jim contacted you even though IRG is American? That is great! So who are you dealing with? IRG or Glock Canada?
    IRG asked me to ship the barrel to them and they are going to send it back to glock to see what happened. I figured I would let them
    deal with it as they sold it to me. I am in no rush either as I have other projects on the go. As long as it gets resolved In a half decent timeline I will be happy. But yes Jim C the Glock Canada rep offered to replace it or compensation.

CGN frequent flyer
    Why would a “new” barrel need refinishing? I’m sure it didn’t leave the factory looking like that. That kind of wear should not be on a new barrel even if it was cycled a few times. There must be something more to this story.

Either way, glad it’s been looked after.

Somebody pulled a fast one and swapped a used barrel for a new one hoping it wouldnt be noticed.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN frequent flyer
    IRG asked me to ship the barrel to them and they are going to send it back to glock to see what happened. I figured I would let them
    deal with it as they sold it to me. I am in no rush either as I have other projects on the go. As long as it gets resolved In a half decent timeline I will be happy. But yes Jim C the Glock Canada rep offered to replace it or compensation.
    Hm, irg are offering to find out what happened but Glock Canada is offering to outright replace the barrel. Why are you bothering with irg then?
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Somebody pulled a fast one and swapped a used barrel for a new one hoping it wouldnt be noticed.
    The barrels have serial numbers still, don’t they? Even the Gen 5s? Wouldn’t be hard to catch if true.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Hm, irg are offering to find out what happened but Glock Canada is offering to outright replace the barrel. Why are you bothering with irg then?
    First off Glock Canada is just the US sales rep to Canada so it is going back to glock US either by me shipping it to whoever in Canada sends it back to them or irun shipping it to glock USA either way it’s going back to the US. Yes I could get the new barrel quicker probably by dealing directly with the sales rep but Irun personally phoned me and asked to send it back to them to see it themselves. I am not a millenial that needs it now or else I’ll cry to mommy, as I have other 9 mm and projects. In ther words I am giving Irun the opportunity to make this right as I bought it from them. The ball is in their court. If they drop it then I’ll cry to mommy.

CGN Regular
    The barrels have serial numbers still, don’t they? Even the Gen 5s? Wouldn’t be hard to catch if true.

Serial on frame and barrel and case all matched.The frame looks brand new and only the barrel looks used. The reason I didn’t catch it right away is cause the gun does not looked used at all and I didnt rack it until I installed a RMR on it.

Why would they offer you a new barrel on a new gun? Why are they replacing a used barrel on a new gun?
    If it were me - an ENTIRE NEW GUN please would suffice. Anything else is just a band aid.
    And your REPLACEMENT to your brand new barrel WILL have a different serial number, diminishing resale, etc...
    As well - You will always wonder what the rest of the pistol (although appearing newish...) was subjected to prior to being sold to you.
    Trust me, GLOCK can afford to replace your Brand New Glock without loosing any sleep...!!!
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.