Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS gen 5 barrel anybody seen this before.

Quote Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
    Why would they offer you a new barrel on a new gun? Why are they replacing a used barrel on a new gun?
    If it were me - an ENTIRE NEW GUN please would suffice. Anything else is just a band aid.
    And your REPLACEMENT to your brand new barrel WILL have a different serial number, diminishing resale, etc...
    As well - You will always wonder what the rest of the pistol (although appearing newish...) was subjected to prior to being sold to you.
    Trust me, GLOCK can afford to replace your Brand New Glock without loosing any sleep...!!!
    Unfortunately, IRG is not in the business of replacing guns once they've been sold - they'll return yours to the factory, but they're not going to transfer yours back to their business firearms license and give you a replacement while they sort it out on their end. But I agree, Glock should be replacing the whole thing.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

I had a issue a few months back with the slide finish on a brand new glock. Sent photos to Glock US and they got in touch with the Canadian Sales Manager Jim Cassells. Outstanding Gentleman. Replaced my Glock free of charge and even let me swap it out for a different model. Also received a bunch of free swag.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner84 View Post
    I had a issue a few months back with the slide finish on a brand new glock. Sent photos to Glock US and they got in touch with the Canadian Sales Manager Jim Cassells. Outstanding Gentleman. Replaced my Glock free of charge and even let me swap it out for a different model. Also received a bunch of free swag.
    Update to the story I just got an email from Jim a few minutes ago. I guess my first email to him didn’t state I got it from Irun. Once he realized it he said I have to deal with Irun and have it sent back to the US on the Glock warranty program and he can’t offer me anything on the Canadian side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    First off Glock Canada is just the US sales rep to Canada so it is going back to glock US either by me shipping it to whoever in Canada sends it back to them or irun shipping it to glock USA either way it’s going back to the US. Yes I could get the new barrel quicker probably by dealing directly with the sales rep but Irun personally phoned me and asked to send it back to them to see it themselves. I am not a millenial that needs it now or else I’ll cry to mommy, as I have other 9 mm and projects. In ther words I am giving Irun the opportunity to make this right as I bought it from them. The ball is in their court. If they drop it then I’ll cry to mommy.
    For the record Glock has a full time Canadian employee working in Canada & warranty firearms are handled here directly, you would have just received a replacement pistol from one of the CDN distributors in your case if it had been purchased through the regular import chain.

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    .... But I agree, Glock should be replacing the whole thing.

Bradley
    Absolutely......!!!
    Settle for nothing less.
    Let us all see if Glock Customer Service truly comes though here.
    Many are all watching.
    What a travesty if not blatant fraud - to sell a GEN 5 'advertised' and sold as a brand new GLOCK which the serial number matching barrel clearly illustrates as VERY well used, if not abused as far as the photos of the barrel indicate.

New entire replacement or full refund.
    Period.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Definitely look for wear elsewhere. I've seen that kind of wear on display guns with lots of handling and racking, but never in Glock.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    For the record Glock has a full time Canadian employee working in Canada & warranty firearms are handled here directly, you would have just received a replacement pistol from one of the CDN distributors in your case if it had been purchased through the regular import chain.

gadget
    Ya, but Cassells is a slippery SOB...and GLOCK prefers to deflect issues...lets all watch and wait...
    GLOCK makes 10,000 pistols a week....ya, read it again, TEN THOUSAND A WEEEEEEK....
    So you think they would kick you a new replacement...
    Let us know...
    Last edited by NHunter; 12-24-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Quote Originally Posted by jperos View Post
    This is why I always buy from authorized Canadian dealers and not grey market dealers.
    Its getting fix isnt it. How would it matter where it came from?

The pistol is going back to the US to determine how it got past quality control. A ticket has been sent and a new replacement pistol has been authorized for the OP.

In all fairness sometimes things happen, it is unfortunate but there is a positive outcome. We kindly ask that everyone refrain from the negative comments, even though every firearm is tested by the manufacturer and we try our best to ensure everything is perfect, sometimes things get missed.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Name:  IRunGuns Santa.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  67.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
    Ya, but Cassells is a slippery SOB...and GLOCK prefers to deflect issues...let all watch and wait...
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 12-24-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Well done, Merry Christmas.