Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS gen 5 barrel anybody seen this before.

CGN Regular

Glock MOS gen 5 barrel anybody seen this before.

I just bought a Glock 17 gen 5 MOs from irun and have 0 rounds through it. This is not my first Glock but the barrel on this one has wear already. I have never seen this before. It looks like a barrel with many round through it. Anybody else experienced this?

Yer that looks normaly for a gun that had 300 to 500rds shot

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    Yer that looks normaly for a gun that had 300 to 500rds shot
    Yeah, I would give it about 500 to be on conservative side because my Glocks have less worn out barrels after 1400 rds on my Glock 22 Gen 4 and my Glock 21 Gen 4.
    How this barrel passed for brand new is beyond me, I'd return it without second thoughts.

Not a glock i know but my M&P has 500 rnd shot and barrel is not even close to that level of wear. Id agree with way more than 500

Id send that back right away. Let us know how this goes, i was considering buying one from irg too
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1970
    My grandfather never worried about the dents in his mil-surps, he would say "that dent may be all that's left of some fellow's life."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I don't own a Gen5, but I do own many gen3 and 4's with Thousands of rounds and the barrels don't have that type of wear.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

The front blemish makes me suspect that it was something that got past Glock's Q.C. I have never seen a barrel wear like that, A buddy has a g34 with 25000+ down the pipe and the only sections with serious blemishes are the top section where the recoil assembly sits

on barrel, a slight ring towards the muzzle end and the the section outside the chamber. He even tends to run his guns on the dry side lube wise. His still does not have bright metal like yours.

I have a p30L that I put 9000rds through this season alone and has little wear at all and nothing like this. I would consider contacting IRG and letting them know, or if you have to get in contact with someone who deals with Warranty up here.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

I purchased my 17 Gen 5 in July. Have around 1000 rounds and it looks very much like yours. For sure your barrel is not new

CGN Regular
    I’m a little po’d. I realize it’s a gun and you will get wear but after dropping a good buck on a Trijicon RMR type2 you would expect the quality of the glock to be better. It wasn’t until I mounted the rmr that I realized how much wear was on it. If it turns out Irun shipped me a used barrel on my new gen 5 MOS, can’t say I will do much more business with them. This is my 7th order from them but 3rd gun. The other 2 were brand new with no marks, and my other purchases were great except for a couple of mags were pinned kinda sloppy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Here are pics of my 30 yr. old G19 barrel. Other than the loss of bluing, it actually looks better than yours especially at the muzzle end.

Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Is it just the barrel or is there wear on the rest of the slide, frame and internals?
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast