Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "It's Finally Here! The trailer for the CCFR's Canada Downrange TV Show - WildTV "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Looks cool, so is this only on the wildlife channel ?
    I'm not usually the pessimist in the crowd but... This being aired on WildTV will NOT reach the people who actually need to see something like this.

People who wouldn't usually watch this type of thing aren't watching WildTV and they aren't going to go out of their way to sit and watch. That's like me sitting down and willingly watching Say Yes To The Dress... Not going to happen.

I fully applaud them for what they are doing but unfortunately this show is just another case of preaching to the choir.

Now if they could get it aired on one of the mainstream channels that may be a step in the right direction. But once again, not going to happen when all the mainstream channels and their programming are owned and operated by Liberals.

Apologies in advance to everyone who doesn't share my sense of pessimism on the topic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Thanks for keeping this news going! I think it's going to be awesome!

Gotta say, that Range Officer in the middle of the YouTube screenshot is a handsome fella!

You’re famous now Phat eagle. Lol

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    May the force always be with you ......
    Keep it up
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I'm not usually the pessimist in the crowd but...
    You are definitely right. this won't target people outside the shooting sports....immediately. However Rod and the team really lit the fire on something big.

Just by producing this show, we can expect snippets to start filtering into those venues that we are hoping to enter into.

I paid for a family membership with the CCFR and I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the accomplishments over the last several months.

Keep up the great work CCFR
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post

Just by producing this show, we can expect snippets to start filtering into those venues that we are hoping to enter into.
    I'm not so sure on this unfortunately. It's a small channel, and really isn't something a ton of people subscribe to.. especially when it comes to people who might be in a position to bring light to these videos and also have access to the spread of people we're hoping to reach.

I think it's an awesome trailer, probably going to be an awesome show, but I'm not so sure it'll actually reach who it needs to reach to sway public opinion. I hope once it's up and running CCFR gets back to producing some more stuff for YouTube. They went silent right when things got messy with firearm rights in Canada which is really really unfortunate.

Huge supporter of CCFR here, but I don't think this show alone will sway public opinion. I just hope this will get the CCFR some needed attention, members, support, which in the end will hopefully help sway public opinion and allow them to get active again on the various platforms out there. Well produced nformational videos would be HUGE right now for our community. I expect that to some degree this is their grand plan.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    You are definitely right. this won't target people outside the shooting sports....immediately. However Rod and the team really lit the fire on something big.

I paid for a family membership with the CCFR and I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the accomplishments over the last several months.

Keep up the great work CCFR
    BINGO! Even picture this, possibly walking into the lounge in Boston Pizza and seeing that on one of the screens. Maybe down the line this can appear on Netflix, or Amazon prime. This is a first step and it's a critical first step at that. This is a tool of propaganda, to show our side of the equation and the potential uses for that are incalculable.

Hell, start writing the CBC to pick up this new Canadian show, they're always looking to make their minimum Canadian content quotas. If nothing else the replies will be hilarious!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    BINGO! Even picture this, possibly walking into the lounge in Boston Pizza and seeing that on one of the screens. Maybe down the line this can appear on Netflix, or Amazon prime. This is a first step and it's a critical first step at that. This is a tool of propaganda, to show our side of the equation and the potential uses for that are incalculable.

Hell, start writing the CBC to pick up this new Canadian show, they're always looking to make their minimum Canadian content quotas. If nothing else the replies will be hilarious!
    The CBC is too busy working on remaking the beachcombers or littlest hobo. Maybe when we vote out Trudeau in October he can get a job playing old relic .

CGN Regular
    Congratulation Rod and company, great need to showcase how responsible Canadians use firearms

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I'm not usually the pessimist in the crowd but... This being aired on WildTV will NOT reach the people who actually need to see something like this.

People who wouldn't usually watch this type of thing aren't watching WildTV and they aren't going to go out of their way to sit and watch. That's like me sitting down and willingly watching Say Yes To The Dress... Not going to happen.

I fully applaud them for what they are doing but unfortunately this show is just another case of preaching to the choir.

Now if they could get it aired on one of the mainstream channels that may be a step in the right direction. But once again, not going to happen when all the mainstream channels and their programming are owned and operated by Liberals.

Apologies in advance to everyone who doesn't share my sense of pessimism on the topic.

I think it might get some Fudds on our team. That's a plus to me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast