Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela’s online restricted purchase Ontario- process questions

Cabela’s online restricted purchase Ontario- process questions

I placed an order for a restricted rifle for home delivery on the Cabela’s website. Anyone know what the process is and if I should contact them or the CFO or just wait ? I submitted details of my rpal and range membership in the Cabela’s order form

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    After a week I would call the CFP and inquire about the status of the transfer. Irecently bought a handgun from a tiny Ontario shop in the middle of nowhere that apparently only does consignment sales of restricteds so they really are clueless (much like Cabela's!). After a month of waiting and emailing the gunstore (which was waiting for the CFO to complete the transfer) I called the CFP to find out that the shop failed to give my correct address.....which I submitted along with everything else! In minutes the CFP officer forwarded the whole thing to the CFO for approval. 6 days later I have the the registration paper BUT NO GUN!!! I then called the store which was still waiting for transfer approval and sent them MY copy. I was then assured that the gun would get mailed that day. That was yesterday. So far about 6 weeks of waiting while another restricted from a better vendor took two weeks from order to delivery. Had I not called the CFP the store would be going about business as usual without lifting a finger to get to the bottom of things. When in doubt CALL THE CFP! 1-800-731-4000
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ved View Post
    I placed an order for a restricted rifle for home delivery on the Cabela’s website. Anyone know what the process is and if I should contact them or the CFO or just wait ? I submitted details of my rpal and range membership in the Cabela’s order form
    Did you get a confirmation email from them? If you did and your cc got charged then just wait. Average transfer time is around 3-4 weeks now but of course highly dependant on your location. You could call CFP after week 2 just to make sure the transfer is in progress.
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Did you get a confirmation email from them? If you did and your cc got charged then just wait. Average transfer time is around 3-4 weeks now but of course highly dependant on your location. You could call CFP after week 2 just to make sure the transfer is in progress.
    Yes, I got an order confirmation and order number

I would call them 2-3 business days after you placed the order just to confirm they have initiated the transfer. Only because your order confirmation is the first and last time you'll hear from cabelas before it shows up at your door. So you have to take it upon yourself with them to make sure it started. Although I've never had a single problem with cabelas ever, no point leaving things to change. But I stopped buying restricted from them because forcing the buyer to pay another $30 for case and dollar store combo lock for a handgun or $45 for rifle plus $7.50 oversize fee starts to make a deal less appealing.
    In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take a human life. He replied: "I don't know, I've only ever killed communists"

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBats View Post
    I would call them 2-3 business days after you placed the order just to confirm they have initiated the transfer. Only because your order confirmation is the first and last time you'll hear from cabelas before it shows up at your door. So you have to take it upon yourself with them to make sure it started. Although I've never had a single problem with cabelas ever, no point leaving things to change. But I stopped buying restricted from them because forcing the buyer to pay another $30 for case and dollar store combo lock for a handgun or $45 for rifle plus $7.50 oversize fee starts to make a deal less appealing.
    Thanks. I had to pay 21.95 for shipping & handling, 7.50 for oversize fee, 7.99 for a combination lock. the Smith & Wesson Sport II for 649. no charge for case so am not sure if they have that included. Will call them up to check. I thought it's a good deal for a beginner restricted rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by handofzeus View Post
    After a week I would call the CFP and inquire about the status of the transfer. Irecently bought a handgun from a tiny Ontario shop in the middle of nowhere that apparently only does consignment sales of restricteds so they really are clueless (much like Cabela's!). After a month of waiting and emailing the gunstore (which was waiting for the CFO to complete the transfer) I called the CFP to find out that the shop failed to give my correct address.....which I submitted along with everything else! In minutes the CFP officer forwarded the whole thing to the CFO for approval. 6 days later I have the the registration paper BUT NO GUN!!! I then called the store which was still waiting for transfer approval and sent them MY copy. I was then assured that the gun would get mailed that day. That was yesterday. So far about 6 weeks of waiting while another restricted from a better vendor took two weeks from order to delivery. Had I not called the CFP the store would be going about business as usual without lifting a finger to get to the bottom of things. When in doubt CALL THE CFP! 1-800-731-4000
    Thanks. will contact them in a few days

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Cabelas will charge you for a lock and case on restricted if required. If it has a case already then they will charge for a lock. For restricted you had to provide all relevant info online for the transfer to proceed already.... in X days when you get a ship notice the transfer will be done. Likely you will get your firearm before your certificate as has been my exp from most transfers. I called to ask can I used my firearm before getting the certificate and was told that the firearm is registered to you so yes...... still when you get it make a copy and put em qll in your common range bag if ever asked to show em
    .Ontario transfers usually take 2 to 3weeks (lowest 24hrs, highest 8weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    Cabelas will charge you for a lock and case on restricted if required. If it has a case already then they will charge for a lock. For restricted you had to provide all relevant info online for the transfer to proceed already.... in X days when you get a ship notice the transfer will be done. Likely you will get your firearm before your certificate as has been my exp from most transfers. I called to ask can I used my firearm before getting the certificate and was told that the firearm is registered to you so yes...... still when you get it make a copy and put em qll in your common range bag if ever asked to show em
    .Ontario transfers usually take 2 to 3weeks (lowest 24hrs, highest 8weeks)
    Thanks. Appreciate the info. really helps.

I dropped into Cabelas and spoke to the firearms counter guy. he said I don't have to do anything wether it is online or offline if I have submitted all my details. Range membership is not necessary in Ontario. Their online form took Range details too though. Will anyway call CFO after a few days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast