Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabela’s online restricted purchase Ontario- process questions

bought my restricted rifle on Dec 26
    CFO approved on Dec 27 AM
    called in the PM to CFO
    asked to email me the approval
    showed to cabelas rep. and got my firearm.

I would suggest you to contact the CFO office and have the approval emailed to you and you fax or email to Cabela and get thing started......
    i like more pro-active than sitting and waiting...

my cent... wish you luck.
    Happy New year to every one!!
    CDTSA 2020

Quote Originally Posted by WWW226 View Post
    bought my restricted rifle on Dec 26
    CFO approved on Dec 27 AM
    called in the PM to CFO
    asked to email me the approval
    showed to cabelas rep. and got my firearm.

I would suggest you to contact the CFO office and have the approval emailed to you and you fax or email to Cabela and get thing started......
    i like more pro-active than sitting and waiting...

my cent... wish you luck.
    Happy New year to every one!!
    good advice. thanks

update: the RPAL was okayed on 28th so Cabela's is likely to ship it to me on 30th. Order was placed on 25th, so pretty fast processing. of course will call up CFO to get rein emailed to me.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ved View Post
    update: the RPAL was okayed on 28th so Cabela's is likely to ship it to me on 30th. Order was placed on 25th, so pretty fast processing. of course will call up CFO to get rein emailed to me.
    What do you mean RPAL was okeyed?

Seeing that you are from Ontario, I suggest you wait patiently. The transfer will most likely not be approved in 2 days. Expect something around 2-4 weeks on average. Probably longer now because of the holidays!
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    What do you mean RPAL was okeyed?

Seeing that you are from Ontario, I suggest you wait patiently. The transfer will most likely not be approved in 2 days. Expect something around 2-4 weeks on average. Probably longer now because of the holidays!
    that's what Cabela's told me... so I assumed the CFO validated my RPAL and approved the purchase. will wait impatiently

CGN frequent flyer
    that's what Cabela's told me... so I assumed the CFO validated my RPAL and approved the purchase. will wait impatiently
    No. It sounds like the store just checked your PAL validity and that's about it.
    Il messanger non è importante

Thanks. I had to pay 21.95 for shipping & handling, 7.50 for oversize fee, 7.99 for a combination lock. the Smith & Wesson Sport II for 649. no charge for case so am not sure if they have that included. Will call them up to check. I thought it's a good deal for a beginner restricted rifle.
    Anything over $99 is free shipping with cabelas . The promo code changes but it's always there at the top of the page . Call them back and ask if they will refund the shipping cost.
    In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take a human life. He replied: "I don't know, I've only ever killed communists"

Got my firearm today. No ownership papers yet so got to call the cfo again and get it emailed to me.

Sounds like a lengthy process buying from a "store" does anyone know if its an easier/quicker process buying a used gun privately?

Thanks

Cabela’s has horrible online ordering speed/service. Pick any of the CGN sponsors at the top of the page and I’m sure you will have a much better experience. The restricted transfer time is dependent on the CFO and varies by province but after that it is the efficiency of the retailer and the courier
    Proud CCFR member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12