Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Garrison Petawawa CQB Clinic 04-05 May 2019 Debrief Here!

CGN Regular
    What a great weekend !. Thank you to Barney and Morgan for facilitating this for us. I got my face burned to crisp but it was well worth it . If you have not gone shooting with TacticalTeacher or shot with the Petawawa Gun Club you can add that to the bucket list of awesome things to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LEXRated's Avatar
    Best weekend I've had in many many years!

Thank you very much, Barney and Morgan, for taking the time to organize such a thing. Your experience and training efforts, it was awesome. Thank you for the incredible professionalism and respect you both gave to all attendees, regardless of their capabilities and backgrounds, very inspiring leadership that delivered amazing results. I shot my best groups ever (except those few rounds that refused to come out the business end, damn snowflake bullets! It was most definitely not operator error or my kit, definitely was the ammo... definitely.

See you next year, and every other event I can make it too! We had a great group of people out there too, it was my pleasure to meet you all.

Last April was my first CQB ever, at Petawawa. This year, my second. As many of you can relate it's difficult to get time away from family and work. I looked forward to attending again and I was not disappointed. We certainly hit a sweet spot in the weather, what a difference from last year! Thank you Barney for giving back to the sport you love. We are truly enriched by your generosity of time, knowledge and experience. Of course your stories and jokes keep a smile on everyone's face. Morgan, all this could not happen in Petawawa without your commitment to our sport, our gratitude. We did not see much of Heather this year but it's always a pleasure to see her and we appreciate her giving up her weekend(s) to guard our range. I'm not the fastest learner but I picked up so many tips, not the least of which is safer handling of my rifle. Thank you my line mates for sharing your tips and your camaraderie, that's part of what makes this such a memorable event.
    I hope you all had uneventful drives home, most of you had much longer drives than myself. I look forward to seeing you many of you back next year. Roy.

Well established and administered courses of fire.
    Good first time exposure for many to rapid fire, snap shooting and firing movement.

Would hugely benefit from a larger team of professional ARSOs IOT facilitate individualized assessment and coaching, particularly IRT safe and efficient handling.

My second kick at the CQB can, and I still learned lots, and still have lots more to learn. I sorted out some new kit: a new chest rig, new pistol belt, new holster, which I like and all worked a bit better and was more comfortable than my last kit. However, another new piece, a so-called "muzzle climb mitigator" brake which I had just recently installed, didn't impress me all that much and I am less wowed with. I had hoped for a bit less muzzle climb, but I guess there likely should be a limit on my expectations with a 12.5" bbl after all. LOL. That's why I'm looking forward to my first AR build project, for which I already have one of those 14.5" dimpled bbls for (from S&J).
    So thankful that we have a great instructor like Barney and a fantastic host like Morgan to continually put on these clinics for us. Can't mention enough how appreciative I am of both of your contributions of time and effort to put these events on. I wish I could come more times a year than I do, but a 5 1/2 drive each way is a tad taxing, although totally worth it!
    Thanks to my colleagues on the target lane 6 team, especially our Relay#1, Morgan. ;-D , and his great tip for adjusting my belt to keep the pistol out of the dirt during the modified prone, as well as simply being the other half of the equation that, along with Barney, keeps the event running smoothly and safely.
    Also thanks to Heather for being our sentry, and all the gents at range control who help get us registered and sorted before we motor out there. Just a plain old thanks a million to the powers that be at Garrison Petawawa for allowing us the priviledge to share their range. It's humbling and an honour at the same time. Now I'm just trying to make up my mind which of the Wounded Warriors Canada sections I'm going to send this year's contributions to, to keep paying it forward, so to speak.
    Beautiful weather (for a change), and a great crew of like minded fellows to share the range and dinner at Danny's with. I almost miss saying to myself "I shoot better in the rain", but now I guess I should say "I shoot better with a sunburn" ??
    Cheers, and Thanks again.

Business Member
    JCMoney created this video and posted it up on YouTube....

Have a look! Hahahahaha

https://youtu.be/M4OGdqsn8Ss

Will try this......

[youtube]M4OGdqsn8Ss[/youtube]

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 05-09-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Watching that video makes me wish I was there. Went once missed the last two. Hopefully next year I can make it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456