Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting so long for pal approval

who/ where did you call to check in to see the status of your pal i've been waiting for mine and would like to call and check into it aswell?

Any interaction with police will show up on CPIC, 2 months is not long at all. That incident should not affect your eligibility for the pal.

CGN Regular
    My son has been waiting for over five months now.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeykidd68 View Post
    who/ where did you call to in to see the status of your pal i've been waiting for mine and would like to call and check into it aswell?
    1 (800) 731-4000 is the general line

If your app is assigned to your Provincial CFO, you need to speak with the officer who is assigned to your file.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeykidd68 View Post
    who/ where did you call to check in to see the status of your pal i've been waiting for mine and would like to call and check into it aswell?
    Save yourself the phone call and check the status of your application online.

CGN frequent flyer
    I got mine in just about a month , give or take a few days as I wasn’t counting . I never called but I gotta say I checked everything 15 times before I sent it , payment included

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotbrass View Post
    I have been waiting 2 months now for my Pal. First off, got bumped down a bit because I sent the wrong payment method, now it's been two months, I've called in a few times and every time I check it's not there. I also had an incident a few years back where me and my dad got physical(no one was injured at all, it deescalsted in seconds, we get along great now and he's actually one of my gun references and has been very supportive of me getting a firearm. I just want to do competition shooting and hunting if I get a licence for it and it feels like it's been taking forever. Are my hands tied? I was in the car with my dad and I said I actually have one of my references here with me if you want to talk to him, and they said no, and that I would have to check back. I feel like I'm being discriminated against by the system for one moment in my past. I would jump in front of a bullet for my dad, although first I would make sure that anyone that had a gun in my house was not pointing a gun anywhere near my dad or me, and was storing it unloaded with the proper locks in place in a safe or other good device. I scored 93% on my gun test. And I feel like the system is discriminating against me for an event in my past that was resolved between the two of us that happened when I was just a kid, like 16-18. I work as a security guard now in a healthcare setting and I have no felonies or convictions and I have never been to court for anything in my life. Not even an unpaid parking ticket. Is there any way to speed this along, what would you recommend?
    Maaannn, I gotta hand it to you - you sound like a damn snowflake with a HUGE sense of entitlement! It takes mandatory 28 days waiting period since CFP receives your application. Then the processing time. Then you messed up with the payment. Then it's a holiday season. Then you got police-related issues that may flag your application for a good 6 months before it gets cleared. You are not applying for a 7-day guaranteed approval bank loan.
    Have you checked for the status of your application online? What was said to you on the phone about your application?
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrsplit View Post
    I got mine in just about a month , give or take a few days as I wasn’t counting . I never called but I gotta say I checked everything 15 times before I sent it , payment included

How long ago was this? Was it a renewal?
    Il messanger non è importante

Once the payment is made with the card you can start checking the status on-line, mine was approx 3 weeks after the cc was processed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12