A New Year with Al Flaherty's and a New Site for 2019!!!

Al Flaherty's

Supporting Dealer
Business Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Happy New Year from Al Flaherty's Outdoor Store!

Some customers may have noticed we've begun to switch our site over to a new host due to the change in policies by Shopify.

We had 5 good years with them and an abrupt end when they changed their policies prohibiting the sale on certain firearms on their platform forcing us to scramble to replace our entire inventory system as well as the website!

We are still ironing out some kinks but by and large the new site is live!

We still have access to our old records and are migrating over gift cards in the next 24 hours.

We have also tried to refresh the site a little bit while keeping it as familiar as possible!

At this time about 75% of our products are added,
so if something is missing you remember from the old site you can always reach out to us to find out what's going on!

Some minor changes;

• Sidebar filters will work more reliably now
  • Instead of "Sold Out" items will show "add to wishlist" on their product pages, we will be fine tuning this in the coming days
    Resolved - items on product collection pages will show sold out, and will have the option to add to wishlist or sign up for a restock notification
  • Sidebar now features a special tab for camouflage patterns as well as for ambidextrous & left handed items!
  • The sidebar also has a filter option under "other" for in stock items to make it easier to find out what's on hand!

Some minor issues;
  • Back in stock alerts: you'll need to add items to your wishlists, unfortunately there's no easy way for us to migrate over the back in stock alerts from our old site
    Resolved - if items are sold out you can sign up for an email now. Keep in mind this is a new system so your old stock notification requests have not been brought over over
  • Product categories: a few orphans exist, so if you don't find an item in a category, but do find it on our site, let us know @ info@alflahertys.com !!
  • Accounts: your old password will not work and you'll need to reset it here; https://alflahertys.com/login.php?action=reset_password

There's a lot of changes to be made but we hope you're happy with the new site!

So Happy New Year CGN! We look forward to a great experience in 2019 with all our loyal customers, new and old!

small_moose_logo.png

Attachments

• small_moose_logo.png
    small_moose_logo.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 2,618
Last edited:
Awesome hopefully you will be able to shrink you sale items so that the images are not obscured.

OMG the site is horrifyingly ugly when viewed on a mobile device...

Yes it’s pre pre beta.

Last edited:
Awesome hopefully you will be able to shrink you sale items so that the images are not obscured.

OMG the site is horrifyingly ugly when viewed on a mobile device...

Yes it’s pre pre beta.

Can you provide specific feedback about what you find ugly, and what you mean by "shrinking you sale items so the images are not obscured"?

On my desktop and mobile I have no issues with seeing the product images?

Maybe some decent filter would be good. E.g. filtering out out of stock items and display out of stock item price on the page I stead of the pop up window.

Out of stock items - updated

Maybe some decent filter would be good. E.g. filtering out out of stock items and display out of stock item price on the page I stead of the pop up window.

I think you may still be viewing a cached version of the site, with that said, now sold out items will say "Sold Out" in some unobtrusive text on the general product pages;
soldout-collection_page.JPG

If you want to only see in stock items, the new sidebar actually has a filter for it that you can check off under the "Other" heading (any of those sidebar options in bold can be expanded or shrunk by clicking on their name), as well as for items with special promo free-shipping that would typically fall below our $300 minimum;

soldout-filter.jpg

And on the product page while it does not say "Sold Out" if the item is out of stock at this time it will permit you to add it to a personal wish list, and show the last listed pricing we have.

We will be adding a stock notification system in the next 72 hours or so once we review our options a bit more. UPDATED

soldout-product_page.jpgsoldout-product_page2.JPG

Attachments

• soldout-collection_page.JPG
    soldout-collection_page.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,782
  • soldout-product_page.jpg
    soldout-product_page.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,770
  • soldout-filter.jpg
    soldout-filter.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,801
  • soldout-product_page2.JPG
    soldout-product_page2.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,691
Last edited:
I think you may still be viewing a cached version of the site, with that said, now sold out items will say "Sold Out" in some unobtrusive text on the general product pages;
View attachment 234828

If you want to only see in stock items, the new sidebar actually has a filter for it that you can check off under the "Other" heading (any of those sidebar options in bold can be expanded or shrunk by clicking on their name), as well as for items with special promo free-shipping that would typically fall below our $300 minimum;

View attachment 234831

And on the product page while it does not say "Sold Out" if the item is out of stock at this time it will permit you to add it to a personal wish list, and show the last listed pricing we have.

We will be adding a stock notification system in the next 72 hours or so once we review our options a bit more. UPDATED

View attachment 234830View attachment 234868

Great. Thanks. Just notice the Federal Lake City .308 bulk ammo is back in stock.

Was a big deception, the site was showing one Les Baer Monolith in stock, i proceed to buy it, to learn that there was not any in stock they were to arrive at a later ETA.

I never order up front except inexpensive stuff like the new Glock.
It did sure depress me.

Well nothing i can do.
Al Flaherty is a good dealer, the new website is to blame, they will get it right, and hopefully the next time i see a Monolith in stock, i will be able to buy it.

Was a big deception, the site was showing one Les Baer Monolith in stock, i proceed to buy it, to learn that there was not any in stock they were to arrive at a later ETA.

I never order up front except inexpensive stuff like the new Glock.
It did sure depress me.

Well nothing i can do.
Al Flaherty is a good dealer, the new website is to blame, they will get it right, and hopefully the next time i see a Monolith in stock, i will be able to buy it.

Apologies for this as we are still trying to sort out all the glitches and errors. We will have the Monolith available for you hopefully soon as they are being built as we speak. If you haven't already you can add your email to the box to receive a notification once we have it in stock.

I really wish that you guys had more handguns actually in stock. Ive been looking for the P30L and looking at the PPQ M2 9mm . Neither are ever in stock. I give the email alert and never receive anyhting either saying its in stock. also sucks because id like to go in and feel how the guns feel in my hand not jsut blindly buy them online. Oh well. IVe been waiting for a long time and sadly its time to move on if Al's doesnt get more handguns in stock. and getting 1 gun in stock doesnt really count

I really wish that you guys had more handguns actually in stock. Ive been looking for the P30L and looking at the PPQ M2 9mm . Neither are ever in stock. I give the email alert and never receive anyhting either saying its in stock. also sucks because id like to go in and feel how the guns feel in my hand not jsut blindly buy them online. Oh well. IVe been waiting for a long time and sadly its time to move on if Al's doesnt get more handguns in stock. and getting 1 gun in stock doesnt really count

Its not without trying. We are out of stock because our supplier is out of stock. Sourcing firearms out of Germany is particularly difficult.

Back
Top Bottom