Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RCMP began processing my application, one question

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustySidearm View Post
    ...I usually have my phone on silent and don't answer to numbers I don't recognize, I'm wondering how often the RCMP calls applicants for an interview...
    You and your references had better turn on a priority ring tone - for everything, and answer everything - until you've received your license. When they call, you won't know the number they're calling from; when they call, they won't leave any voice message, and; once they've called, they might not call back a second time.

Unless you and your references decide to become proactive about this, I predict a LONG wait for your license.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Rpal heresnsjajs
    Last edited by jdmaks; 06-28-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by got juice? View Post
    have your references call in. Much faster.
    ***this**
    :D STUPID is supposed to be fatal, but we spend countless resources to protect IDIOTS from being the cause of their own demise. Occasionally a ray of sunshine comes through an STUPID manages to do the job it was intended to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don’t get the people who are afraid to answer their phone. If I answer mine and don’t want to talk to whoever it is, I will say so. If they get loud, I will curse them and hang up. Grow a pair.
    Semper Fi

Lightbulb

If you answer to some telemarketing scams they add you to an active list and you may end up getting more annoying phone calls at random times of day.

This is why many folks keep there phone on silent and only answer calls they expect or recognize.
    In most cases if it’s inportant they will leave a msg.

It’s strategic, not much to do with bravado or testicular capacity.
    They may or may not call your references, I know some CFO’s are running slow post holidays / newyear Been waiting more than twice as long for a transfer..

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    For a RPAL they will want to speak to your wife, i just renewed and they took a phone appointment to speak to my wife.
    They never asked to speak to mine. Like the other guy said,; what do you have going on that they required that? Don't answer, none of my/our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    Have your references call in. Much faster.
    This is what I did, just after it showed online. Although both called in, the second reference was told "no need". They got whatever they needed from the first call.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I put my home # on the do not call list years ago..
    The telemarketers had a feeding frenzy on that one
    All the free home #s
    I get all the CRA scam calls plus everything else the scammers can think of.
    I answer nothing unless I know who it is
    Lately it has been quiet..I think never answering might be working

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    When my wife and I got our rpal’s they called our references and each of us but not when we renewed this year, we renewed online and did the spousal portions of the application. Last year when a good friend asked us to be his reference they called my wife but not me, from everyone’s feedbacks about the initial or renewal process it’s seems like they don’t follow any format.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    If you answer to some telemarketing scams they add you to an active list and you may end up getting more annoying phone calls at random times of day.

This is why many folks keep there phone on silent and only answer calls they expect or recognize.
    In most cases if it’s inportant they will leave a msg.

It’s strategic, not much to do with bravado or testicular capacity.
    They may or may not call your references, I know some CFO’s are running slow post holidays / newyear Been waiting more than twice as long for a transfer..
    The displayed # doesn’t mean anything. I got a call from someone passed that I kept calling them; my # was displayed on their phone. Easy to display a false #. In the age where I see most people’s vacation photos online, debit and credit cards are copied without physical contact, and I can read every post all have you have ever made on here about the guns you own and shoot, not answering a phone in order to protect your identity is almost like wearing a hat of tin foil. I sometimes don’t answer mine because I don’t care to speak to anyone, but that’s a different nerosis.
    Semper Fi

I have never had my references called, and I have been a reference for a lot of people and I have never been called.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast