Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resolved

Resolved

Resolved
    Last edited by GTNgo; 01-05-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Resolved

BANNED
    There we nice enough to email you back, let alone offer a refund

This happens to me the odd time with online ordering

Just send em back for a refund (hope they pay return shipping)

If they dont pay return shipping, send em back and you pay it, and never deal with them again
    Last edited by Ironheart; 01-05-2019 at 04:45 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Just return the boots , if they pay return shipping, it' s a good customer service.
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Resolved
    Last edited by GTNgo; 01-05-2019 at 09:52 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    Don’t you guys think her response was kinda like “not my fault” and like sarcastic/ passive aggressive?? And wouldn’t you inspect the boots before shipping it anyways?
    I don't read her reply that way.

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    What would satisfy you?
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    stuff happens, this is stand up customer service, thanks for posting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    I recently bought a pair of boots, the Salomon Quest 4D Forces in black from them and received it quickly. I really appreciate the prompt shipping and was impressed until I opened the package. When I opened the box, the boots looked used and was dirty. The soles were dirty and had dirt on it. The sides were also dirty and there were a few scuffs/ marks on the boot. I notice there was also no stuffing paper in the boots or the anti moisture packets. Upon further inspection, I notice the end of one shoe lace looked melted/chewed up and the sizing tag inside the boot was scratched. I was not impressed. It almost looked like the boots were used and returned by another customer. My girlfriend also had the same reaction as I did. So I took pictures and immediately contacted 911supply.

Here is the conversation:

Hi,

I purchased the salomon quest 4D forces black size 11 from you guys. I thank you for the prompt order and shipping but these boots look worn and used. There are a few scruff marks on the boot and the sole are pretty dirty with even dirt in them. The sides of the boots are also dirty. The label inside the right boot is scratched off. The lace end looks chewed up/melted. The boots didn’t come with paper stuffing nor anti moisture packets in the box. The boots are also green and not black, is that normal?

Here are the pictures ( I don’t know how to post pics on CGN)

Can you please clarify this situation for me?
    Thank you,

Here is the response:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting photos of this product, and our apologies your are unsatisfied with the item your received. We have looked within our system to verify the integrity of these boots, and can confirm we have not had a pair of these boots come back as used. Based on the knowledge we have not had a return/exchange on this boot and in this size prior to your purchase, the dirt you see in the tread and lack of paper inside the boots, would be indicative of a customer trying these on within our store. Not that these have been worn and returned. With customers trying boots on in store, unfortunately the paper does not always go back within the boot box- especially if upon removal the paper is damaged.

The scuffs seen on the boots could have been from a variety of factors; they could have been scuffed by the manufacturer putting them in the box, they could have been marked up while someone tried them on, they could have rubbed up against each other upon shipping. These boots are made with nubuck suede and due to the dryness of Nubuck, scuffs can also appear more noticeable and can occur easily. With these particular boots, the Nubuck Suede also tends to have a greenish colour when it is dry, and it is quite notable with the colour Black.

The appearance of a flattened/melted lace end, could have been a defect upon the manufacturing process. This issue could have occurred by simply the lace hung too low and got caught in the tread when the customer tried them on. It is not an indicative sign the item was used by someone and then returned. The sticker defect could also have been a manufacturer defect, and may not be something that a customer did, unfortunately these stickers are not meant to last the duration of the boots lifetime. In regard to the absent moisture packs, they are not always included in the boxes as many of our boots have these fall out, or are excluded from the manufacturer.

We sincerely apologize again that your product was unsatisfactory to your needs, if you wish we can offer you the following options:

Option 1: You can return the boots and we can issue a refund, as we no longer stock this style of boot and cannot get another 11 in to exchange

Option 2: We can offer you free shipping on your next order

Let us know how you wish to proceed. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Melissa

How is that for an answer for customer service?? A lot of random hypothesis and maybe manufacturing defects.... all on one pair of boot?? From SALOMON??? For Almost 300$ pair of boot?? Really?
    Judging by her answer it sounds like it was the last pair or demo pair that people been trying it on for a while and that they won’t order this model again which means it should have been on clearance not full price....

What do you guys think? Would you be happy with this product and answer if you paid 300$ for a new pair of boot???

If you want to see pics i can text or email to you guys.
    GT
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Resolved
    Last edited by GTNgo; 01-05-2019 at 09:52 PM.

I think their response was fine. Unfortunately they don't offer this product any longer, so I am not sure what you are expecting? They offered a refund etc.

I don't think Amazon inspects every item prior to shipping, why would this company be any different?
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

I think their response was fine. They offered you a refund. Don't like your purchase, here's your money back. That's about as good as CS gets. Certainly not worthy to start a thread slandering them on cgn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast