Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    I called Savage and they claim to never use generic boxes. They told me to call Lakefield and have it sent in for repair. Why should I send a new rifle that I purchased a week ago in for repair??? SFRC doesn't want to do anything about it either. I'm shocked and will take legal action against Savage since SFRC claims that Lakefield sent the rifle like this.
    Sound legit, and if it was me, I would push for a full refund and return of the rifle. Especially after the confirmation from Savage.

If you ask me, it's the seller's fault, not Savage

I am not a dealer or seller and know Savage boxes are not generic

The seller tried to get rid of their demo gun, that's how I see it

Quote Originally Posted by mtstef View Post
    Sound legit, and if it was me, I would push for a full refund and return of the rifle. Especially after the confirmation from Savage.

If you ask me, it's the seller's fault, not Savage

I am not a dealer or seller and know Savage boxes are not generic

The seller tried to get rid of their demo gun, that's how I see it
    It's Savage Canada in Lakefield that sent the rifle like this. SFRC is denying all liability. I will also lose the 15% discount I got for Christmas. Wtf? My Christmas is ruined. And I'm not going through the trouble of packing it up and shipping it.

CGN Regular
    FWIW, this happened to me last year with SFRC too, they sent me a scratched up revolver. When I complained with pics they deleted my thread, pm's got me nowhere.

So now I don't buy from them anymore.

Store demo models should be discounted, and labelled correctly.

Plenty of gun owners like myself will be absolutely fine with a demo model. But those same owners are not fine paying for a new item that arrives used.

As for your box all i can say is that I bought a new savage 16 weather warrior from wild west in Edmonton last year, it arrived in a white box with a red logo and fitted cardboard/foam internals for all parts and manuals, plus a cable style trigger lock. I also bought a matching stainless savage B17 from elwood epps, which came in the same (although smaller flimsier) style box. If this is indeed confirmed from savage, one has to wonder whether these were a QC failed batch of rifles which were taken out of retail packaging to be fixed" then pawned off on the Canadian market
    Last edited by Teotwawki; 01-07-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teotwawki View Post
    FWIW, this happened to me last year with SFRC too, they sent me a scratched up revolver. When I complained with pics they deleted my thread, pm's got me nowhere.

So now I don't buy from them anymore.

Store demo models should be discounted, and labelled correctly.

Plenty of gun owners like myself will be absolutely fine with a demo model. But those same owners are not fine paying for a new item that arrives used.
    I'm going to do things diplomatically and with dialogue. I don't like being pushed around especially when it's for Christmas. I'm not a snowflake that will just sit back and melt away. Right now I'm very angry and don't want to resolve to something crazy but will do it if nobody helps me since I'm abiding by the law

CGN Regular
    I'm going to do things diplomatically and with dialogue. I don't like being pushed around especially when it's for Christmas. I'm not a snowflake that will just sit back and melt away. Right now I'm very angry and don't want to resolve to something crazy but will do it if nobody helps me since I'm abiding by the law
    If you purchased with visa, a simple fraud complaint will get their attention. Maybe if i had filed one this wouldn't have happened to you, but I had no choice at the time...needed the revolver for my ATC application and there was no time to dick around. Plus i figured it was going to be a bush gun and was going to get damaged anyways.

Ultimately though, SFRC didn't even listen to me about my concerns, never mind resolve them.

I hope they treat you better

Might be worth talking to the credit card company to see if you could mail it back and do a charge back?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I called Savage and they claim to never use generic boxes. They told me to call Lakefield and have it sent in for repair. Why should I send a new rifle that I purchased a week ago in for repair??? SFRC doesn't want to do anything about it either. I'm shocked and will take legal action against Savage since SFRC claims that Lakefield sent the rifle like this.
    It's a little hard to tell from the pictures but that to me looks like a Savage box with packing tape over the Savage printing so it can double as a shipping box without raising suspicions. I bought a Savage from the a year and a half ago and though "WTF kind of box is this?" Then realized it was the original factory box. They were even nice enough to cut off the UPC so i could collect the rebate

I'm not sure about other stores but around here firearms cannot be returned to stop things like this from happening, and the fact we don't know if someone has messed with it and tried to modify the trigger or the bolt. Any problems with a new gun are generally going to be a warranty issue.

I would say this gun wasn't a return but was a floor/demo model. Powder residue isn't anything new as these guns are test fired from Savage anyways and we've had brand new guns come in with powder residue on the bolt faces and in the barrel. Worst case is someone who works at the distributors swapped the gun out for a new one after test firing this one. That being said, I just sold one of these and it came in a Savage marked box.

Savage is printed in huge letters on top of the box. I have bought one before from del Selins. This is how the box is supposed to be

Look I got my gun like this before https://www.huntinggearguy.com/rifle...e-axis-review/
    Brand f**** new

I would expect that gun to be heavily discounted as well. But stamping your feet and proclaiming that you are "not going through the trouble of packing it up and shipping it" makes me wonder what you want. If you don't like it, send it back. If you don't like that idea, are you expecting them to refund your money and let you keep the gun? Or maybe send you another one at no cost? What exactly is the plan?
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.