Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    I don't understand what you mean about refunding the "15% Christmas discount". Are you saying that if they pay to ship the rifle back, and refund you whatever you paid, you aren't satisfied? I'm not suggesting you should or shouldn't be satisfied...I'm just not understanding what you mean.
    I want them to pay for the return shipping, refund me whatever I paid + the 15% Christmas discount as I could have gotten that else where. Consider that a penalty for ruining my Christmas as well.

CGN Regular
    I sent my rifle in for some warranty work last month and I didn't have the original box. It came back in a proper factory box with the correct serial number on it! I kind of doubt they ship new ones in unmarked boxes...
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    I'm going to do that once I hear back from Savage and Lakefield, forward the response to SFRC and see if they do anything.
    Your business is with the company you paid to. You have zero legal ground to go after anyone else yourself.

About refunds, I am sure you will not get $ refund on 15% discount, these discounts are clearly stated in small print as not transferrable to cash.

If you want to accept the rifle as is with an additional discount, it's also the original seller you bought it from you have to deal with, not the distributor they got it from .

Your best scenario is to get your rifle fully refunded and to buy it from another place. I would see if Savage can give me same 15% discount exclusivelly as a good will gesture after the refund is made.

Quote Originally Posted by mtstef View Post
    Your business is with the company you paid to. You have zero legal ground to go after anyone else yourself.

About refunds, I am sure you will not get $ refund on 15% discount, these discounts are clearly stated in small print as not transferrable to cash.

If you want to accept the rifle as is with an additional discount, it's also the original seller you bought it from you have to deal with, not the distributor they got it from .

Your best scenario is to get your rifle fully refunded and to buy it from another place. I would see if Savage can give me same 15% discount exclusivelly as a good will gesture after the refund is made.
    If SFRC can refund me at least $600, then I'll keep the rifle and fix the Picatinny rail and polish the bolt myself. If not yes I'll return it right away if they allow that. And I can buy firearms directly from Savage??? That would be the best.

Once you request the situation be fixed by the original seller, I would open a case with my credit card company. They should have a clause like this to dispute the transaction :

===============
    MasterCard Reason Code 4853
    MasterCard reason code 4853, Cardholder Dispute--Defective/Not as Described, involves two types of transaction disputes.

Customer Claim: Defective/Not as Described
    Reason code 4853 may be filed as a result of a transaction that forced the return of goods or services due to the following reasons:

Delivered merchandise was defective, damaged or unsuitable for its needs. For example, items that are received broken, merchandise that is missing pieces, or tickets that arrive after an event has occurred. Items that are sold ‘as is’ or have been properly documented as to their condition are not eligible to be disputed under reason code 4853.
    ====================================

Once you request the situation be fixed by the original seller, I would open a case with my credit card company. They should have a clause like this to dispute the transaction :

===============
    MasterCard Reason Code 4853
    MasterCard reason code 4853, Cardholder Dispute--Defective/Not as Described, involves two types of transaction disputes.

Customer Claim: Defective/Not as Described
    Reason code 4853 may be filed as a result of a transaction that forced the return of goods or services due to the following reasons:

Delivered merchandise was defective, damaged or unsuitable for its needs. For example, items that are received broken, merchandise that is missing pieces, or tickets that arrive after an event has occurred. Items that are sold ‘as is’ or have been properly documented as to their condition are not eligible to be disputed under reason code 4853.
    ====================================
    Yes I paid via visa. I ordered multiple items so I'll just process a chargeback for the rifle. But let's give it a few more days to diplomatically resolve the issue and wait for a word from Savage and Lakefield. I'm trying to stay calm and patient.

If SFRC can refund me at least $600, then I'll keep the rifle and fix the Picatinny rail and polish the bolt myself. If not yes I'll return it right away if they allow that. And I can buy firearms directly from Savage??? That would be the best.
    Or the seller can offer you to replace for free your damaged rifle with a realy new one

Or the seller can offer you to replace for free your damaged rifle with a realy new one
    Oh yes that would be a win/win

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    I want them to pay for the return shipping, refund me whatever I paid + the 15% Christmas discount as I could have gotten that else where. Consider that a penalty for ruining my Christmas as well.
    Lmfao you're funny... You'll never get them to PAY YOU the discount. That's just stupid to even ask for, as you'd have to be daft to think they'd actually do it.

Can we see pictures of the outside of the box? Looks like a lot of brown tape on the top of the box, have you tried to peel that back to see if there are any savage logos under it?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Lmfao you're funny... You'll never get them to PAY YOU the discount. That's just stupid to even ask for, as you'd have to be daft to think they'd actually do it.

Can we see pictures of the outside of the box? Looks like a lot of brown tape on the top of the box, have you tried to peel that back to see if there are any savage logos under it?
    I'll check that when I get home. Either way nobody should receive a Christmas gift in such a condition.