Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Lmfao you're funny... You'll never get them to PAY YOU the discount. That's just stupid to even ask for, as you'd have to be daft to think they'd actually do it.

Can we see pictures of the outside of the box? Looks like a lot of brown tape on the top of the box, have you tried to peel that back to see if there are any savage logos under it?
    Chill, he is frustrated and angry, that's why all kid of decisions go over his head

He will calm down and will get this solved. Facts are on his side. And the seller should have interest to fix this unless they do not care if they stay in business

Quote Originally Posted by mtstef View Post
    Chill, he is frustrated and angry, that's why all kid of decisions go over his head

He will calm down and will get this solved. Facts are on his side. And the seller should have interest to fix this unless they do not care if they stay in business
    Thanks for your kind words. Really happy on CGN with well mannered members like you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Lmfao you're funny... You'll never get them to PAY YOU the discount. That's just stupid to even ask for, as you'd have to be daft to think they'd actually do it.

Can we see pictures of the outside of the box? Looks like a lot of brown tape on the top of the box, have you tried to peel that back to see if there are any savage logos under it?
    I suggested that. He got bent out of shape and showed me how the box is supposed to look. He might not be aware Savage hasn't made that box in at least 2 years.

I hope he settles down a little and more pragmatically assesses the situation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    That is the proper bag for the mag. Heres what mine looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    That is the proper bag for the mag. Heres what mine looked like.

Thank you. Now it will be easy to resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    Funny thing is they were selling it for 2000$ while Tenda was selling it for $1850 and they wouldn't price match and only gave me $55 off my next order.
    Why you did not buy it from Tenda then?

I want them to pay for the return shipping, refund me whatever I paid + the 15% Christmas discount as I could have gotten that else where. Consider that a penalty for ruining my Christmas as well.
    Sure I'll mail it back if they pay for the shipping label and return the 15% Christmas discount since I could have gotten that somewhere else.
    If SFRC can refund me at least $600, then I'll keep the rifle and fix the Picatinny rail and polish the bolt myself. If not yes I'll return it right away if they allow that. And I can buy firearms directly from Savage??? That would be the best.
    You are flying. As Suther already mentioned you have to be daft to think they refund you the cost, return shipping and 15% on top of it. Or will give you $600 (30%!!!) so you can polish the bolt Yes, you received a product with some imperfections. Not the end of the day. Talk to the shop you bought it from and go from there. No need to lament ... If the shop has a free return policy, ask for a shipping label. If not, get RMA, pack the rifle, send it back on your dime and receive a refund. Remember the experience and move forward.
    My CGN feedback page

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    What made you decide to go forego $150 ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well - The rail is worth 45$, and the finish on the bolt wears the first time you cycle it. If it was me, I'd shoot it to see if it performs. In the realm of new rifles from the likes of Savage and Remington, there is no assurance that the replacement rifle will be any better, either cosmetically or functionality.
    As far as making a claim for consequential damage (eg 150$ rebate offset), you may as well claim several thousand dollars of mental anguish....

I want them to pay for the return shipping, refund me whatever I paid + the 15% Christmas discount as I could have gotten that else where. Consider that a penalty for ruining my Christmas as well.
    I get why you want a refund but that's unreasonable. If you want to get back what you paid that's fine. If you want shipping covered, that's not unreasonable but I can see why the seller would refuse. Asking for a refund more than what you paid is nonsense. If you are asking for that I see why they are dismissing you.

Does savage shoot every rifle before it leaves the factory? could the wear on the bolt be from that? Maybe I'm not noticing it on the pictures, but it doesn't look like anything too crazy on the bolt (the rail, I'd be disappointed and a new rail shouldn't look like that). If you aren't happy and you feel like SFRC is screwing with you, return the rifle and just don't buy from SFRC.

Personally, I believe your expectations are a little high. A tiny bit of wear on a bolt, it happens, boxes get opened, actions get cycled, triggers get pulled, THEN people decide if they want to buy it or not, that's how it works in stores. As for the rail, I believe that is a result of a poor packing job int he box, but it being a "non-standard" box wouldn't bother me. Honestly, I just recycle the box anyway, so who cares whether it is factory or not, all that matter is if everything was ok. In your case, it looks like the rail suffered some cosmetic damage. I'm not sure what the margins are on guns, but getting 15% off, and expecting another 15% due to some marks on the rail seems a little steep to me. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see this resolving itself in a way that makes you satisfied.

The world has changed, right or wrong, the client isn't always right anymore. I've given up on trying to convince companies I'm right, now if I am upset, I just take my money elsewhere.
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...