Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    I want them to pay for the return shipping, refund me whatever I paid + the 15% Christmas discount as I could have gotten that else where. Consider that a penalty for ruining my Christmas as well.
    Lol angry or not right or wrong... This line shows the type you are.... “you ruined my Christmas...”

If something like this ruin’s your Christmas, and I’m not even going to get into the fact you bought it for yourself and not as a gift for someone else. You should really look in the mirror and assess what really matters. Can’t count the number of guns I’ve bought that had factory and non factory marks on it. Your requests are completely unreasonable and you are they type that gets their door dinged in a parking lot and wants the damages fixed and $500 for the agrivation you were caused. Guess what that’s not how business or insurance works.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    Well - The rail is worth 45$, and the finish on the bolt wears the first time you cycle it. If it was me, I'd shoot it to see if it performs. In the realm of new rifles from the likes of Savage and Remington, there is no assurance that the replacement rifle will be any better, either cosmetically or functionality.
    As far as making a claim for consequential damage (eg 150$ rebate offset), you may as well claim several thousand dollars of mental anguish....
    I wouldn't shoot it until this is dealt with. Shooting it gives the message of acceptance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ipscgraz's Avatar
    On a reasonably direct route with the wipers on.
    ^^^

Yup; once you fire one round through it, your chances of resolving this drop to nearly zero.
    A demand for further gun laws is an admission that the hundreds of gun laws already on the books, and the Firearms Act itself, is simply to placate the uninformed.

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by ipscgraz View Post
    ^^^

Yup; once you fire one round through it, your chances of resolving this drop to nearly zero.
    totally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BTWinnipeg View Post
    I wouldn't shoot it until this is dealt with. Shooting it gives the message of acceptance.
    Only if you tell them. Given the rifle looks like its been shot already, who is to know?

If you cannot return it to the retail store then call Savage Canada explain what the problems are. If they deem it a true warranty issue they will email you a return label and shipping will be on Savages dime. Having gone through this 4 times with the same rifle I would not recommend the warranty place at all. As has been stated the cosmetic damage is just that. Try shooting it, if it is a shooter keep it. Mine was a shooter but had extraction issues that made it basically a single shot. That is the biggest single issue with buying sight unseen We sad to say have to accept that and move on.

We sold this to him and there is slightly more to this. It is a brand new gun that just came in from the distributor. It was shipped in the original Savage box. You can see in his second picture where we put the brown tape over the Savage logo etc. The area is slightly darker. He won't remove the tape to look and thinks we are lying because the box doesn't have the large "Indian Head" on it. Savage has not used that logo as it a couple of years due to it no longer being politically correct logo. This has all been explained to the buyer.

Savage test fires all centre fire rifles before they leave the factory. For someone reason he thinks this is a lie and no one test fires guns. Some are dirtier than others depending on how many rounds were fired at the factory. Every week we have someone call and ask why their Savage rifle is dirty when they get it. Savage does not appear to clean them after test firing. Since it is test fired there is carbon on the bolt face and some marks on the bolt body from it being opened and closed. There is also carbon on the muzzle because they are put into a test chamber to fire them. This is more visible on firearms with muzzle brakes. We get asked this weekly about S&W stainless revolvers as well. S&W test fires them and doesn't clean them either.

The dirty bag he is showing is the bag the bolt is shipped in...I'm not sure why he put the magazine in it for the picture.

Yes there are some marks on the pic rail. I don't know if they are marks from cardboard, scrapes etc. If it is cardboard rubbing then it will come off with oil, if not we can arrange for Savage to get him another one.

We're great to get along with but I can only do so much when someone is on the phone screaming and calling me a liar when I try to explain that the box logo etc has been taped over. He also wants to return it plus me to pay him $300 on top of what he paid. If people want I can ship guns with the logo's exposed so everyone knows what they are getting in the mail.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    Happy new year everyone. I bought this brand new rifle from a store as a Christmas gift and it arrived DOA (Damaged on arrival, not dead lol) pictures attached. It came in a standard non OEM cardboard box with scratches on the picatinny rail and magazine in a dirty open plastic bag. The bolt also had scratches on it and the box containing the manuals, accessories was open. There was also gunpowder residue coming off the muzzle. Just wondering if this is a new thing Savage is doing because I have bought the 110BA 338 Lapua before from del selins and it came in the OEM cardboard box with Savage printed in big black letters and was sealed brand new sparkling clean.

Last edited by Chemist; 01-10-2019 at 09:49 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We sold this to him and there is slightly more to this. It is a brand new gun that just came in from the distributor. It was shipped in the original Savage box. You can see in his second picture where we put the brown tape over the Savage logo etc. The area is slightly darker. He won't remove the tape to look and thinks we are lying because the box doesn't have the large "Indian Head" on it. Savage has not used that logo as it a couple of years due to it no longer being politically correct logo. This has all been explained to the buyer.

Savage test fires all centre fire rifles before they leave the factory. For someone reason he thinks this is a lie and no one test fires guns. Some are dirtier than others depending on how many rounds were fired at the factory. Every week we have someone call and ask why their Savage rifle is dirty when they get it. Savage does not appear to clean them after test firing. Since it is test fired there is carbon on the bolt face and some marks on the bolt body from it being opened and closed. There is also carbon on the muzzle because they are put into a test chamber to fire them. This is more visible on firearms with muzzle brakes. We get asked this weekly about S&W stainless revolvers as well. S&W test fires them and doesn't clean them either.

The dirty bag he is showing is the bag the bolt is shipped in...I'm not sure why he put the magazine in it for the picture.

Yes there are some marks on the pic rail. I don't know if they are marks from cardboard, scrapes etc. If it is cardboard rubbing then it will come off with oil, if not we can arrange for Savage to get him another one.

We're great to get along with but I can only do so much when someone is on the phone screaming and calling me a liar when I try to explain that the box logo etc has been taped over. If people want I can ship guns with the logo's exposed so everyone knows what they are getting in the mail.

Ryan
    You are correct that there is tape covering the Savage logo. The bag pictured is what the mag comes in and mine was "dirty" too.

You dont ship firearms double boxed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    You are correct that there is tape covering the Savage logo. The bag pictured is what the mag comes in and mine was "dirty" too.

When I got my Savage from them. They taped over the logos and then did a kick ass job taping up the box for safe transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post

We've tried to point out that we taped over the logo but he won't believe that.

I think the bolt is usually in that bag which is why it is dirty, I could be wrong on that one.

There is no need to double box most gun boxes. We re-enforce them and add internal protection. You can see brown packing paper in his pictures. The gun was box was filled or the gun was wrapped in it.

We also take the UPC code off the end of the box and put it inside in case it is needed for any mail in rebates.

Ryan