Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    The guns are fired at the factory, so it is normal to see marks on the bolt. But if the rail is scuffed up, Savage will send you a new one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SwL_Wildcat's Avatar
    Any further west and I'd have to learn Japanese..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We sold this to him and there is slightly more to this. It is a brand new gun that just came in from the distributor. It was shipped in the original Savage box. You can see in his second picture where we put the brown tape over the Savage logo etc. The area is slightly darker. He won't remove the tape to look and thinks we are lying because the box doesn't have the large "Indian Head" on it. Savage has not used that logo as it a couple of years due to it no longer being politically correct logo. This has all been explained to the buyer.

Savage test fires all centre fire rifles before they leave the factory. For someone reason he thinks this is a lie and no one test fires guns. Some are dirtier than others depending on how many rounds were fired at the factory. Every week we have someone call and ask why their Savage rifle is dirty when they get it. Savage does not appear to clean them after test firing. Since it is test fired there is carbon on the bolt face and some marks on the bolt body from it being opened and closed. There is also carbon on the muzzle because they are put into a test chamber to fire them. This is more visible on firearms with muzzle brakes. We get asked this weekly about S&W stainless revolvers as well. S&W test fires them and doesn't clean them either.

The dirty bag he is showing is the bag the bolt is shipped in...I'm not sure why he put the magazine in it for the picture.

Yes there are some marks on the pic rail. I don't know if they are marks from cardboard, scrapes etc. If it is cardboard rubbing then it will come off with oil, if not we can arrange for Savage to get him another one.

We're great to get along with but I can only do so much when someone is on the phone screaming and calling me a liar when I try to explain that the box logo etc has been taped over. He also wants to return it plus me to pay him $300 on top of what he paid. If people want I can ship guns with the logo's exposed so everyone knows what they are getting in the mail.

Ryan
    It's nice to hear the other side of the story. If I was the OP I would ask for a new rail and carry on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Respectfully, Ryan (and Sinasta), my own rifle - the left hand .308 purchased from you last summer, sure as hell wasn't test fired by Savage, unless they pass a rifle that has to have the bolt beaten open because of a chamber burr that gouges 1/4 the way around the case web.

Savage certainly didn't direct me to contact Lakefield either, as another suggested the OP. I had to pay $80 to ship the thing, insured, to Grech. Far as I'm concerned Savage blows for after sales support.

Got it back so late in the season that I've not had a chance to test fire it for function either, so hopefully Grech didn't bodge the reaming job, or I'll be having to buy a barrel for a rifle that's not even broken in.

I won't buy another Savage...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I don’t remember your gun but they are supposed to test fire them. Every model 10 I have ever seen has been test fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Respectfully, Ryan (and Sinasta), my own rifle - the left hand .308 purchased from you last summer, sure as hell wasn't test fired by Savage, unless they pass a rifle that has to have the bolt beaten open because of a chamber burr that gouges 1/4 the way around the case web.

Savage certainly didn't direct me to contact Lakefield either, as another suggested the OP. I had to pay $80 to ship the thing, insured, to Grech. Far as I'm concerned Savage blows for after sales support.

Got it back so late in the season that I've not had a chance to test fire it for function either, so hopefully Grech didn't bodge the reaming job, or I'll be having to buy a barrel for a rifle that's not even broken in.

I won't buy another Savage...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Lol angry or not right or wrong... This line shows the type you are.... “you ruined my Christmas...”

If something like this ruin’s your Christmas, and I’m not even going to get into the fact you bought it for yourself and not as a gift for someone else. You should really look in the mirror and assess what really matters. Can’t count the number of guns I’ve bought that had factory and non factory marks on it. Your requests are completely unreasonable and you are they type that gets their door dinged in a parking lot and wants the damages fixed and $500 for the agrivation you were caused. Guess what that’s not how business or insurance works.
    ^^^x2
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Ad mores natura recurrit damnatos, fixa et mutari nescia
    Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat

It's fixed by Savage. Didn't need to deal with SFRC.

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    It's fixed by Savage. Didn't need to deal with SFRC.
    cool

We sold this to him and there is slightly more to this. It is a brand new gun that just came in from the distributor. It was shipped in the original Savage box. You can see in his second picture where we put the brown tape over the Savage logo etc. The area is slightly darker. He won't remove the tape to look and thinks we are lying because the box doesn't have the large "Indian Head" on it. Savage has not used that logo as it a couple of years due to it no longer being politically correct logo. This has all been explained to the buyer.

Savage test fires all centre fire rifles before they leave the factory. For someone reason he thinks this is a lie and no one test fires guns. Some are dirtier than others depending on how many rounds were fired at the factory. Every week we have someone call and ask why their Savage rifle is dirty when they get it. Savage does not appear to clean them after test firing. Since it is test fired there is carbon on the bolt face and some marks on the bolt body from it being opened and closed. There is also carbon on the muzzle because they are put into a test chamber to fire them. This is more visible on firearms with muzzle brakes. We get asked this weekly about S&W stainless revolvers as well. S&W test fires them and doesn't clean them either.

The dirty bag he is showing is the bag the bolt is shipped in...I'm not sure why he put the magazine in it for the picture.

Yes there are some marks on the pic rail. I don't know if they are marks from cardboard, scrapes etc. If it is cardboard rubbing then it will come off with oil, if not we can arrange for Savage to get him another one.

We're great to get along with but I can only do so much when someone is on the phone screaming and calling me a liar when I try to explain that the box logo etc has been taped over. He also wants to return it plus me to pay him $300 on top of what he paid. If people want I can ship guns with the logo's exposed so everyone knows what they are getting in the mail.

Ryan
    "We're great to get along with but I can only do so much when someone is on the phone screaming and calling me a liar when I try to explain that the box logo etc has been taped over. He also wants to return it plus me to pay him $300 on top of what he paid."
    I called and was screaming and calling you a liar? Please post the audio recording. And yes $300 was one of the options. But I got something better from Savage without having to call in multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    And yes $300 was one of the options. But I got something better from Savage
    Interesting how many people added you to their ignore lists?
    My CGN feedback page

Ryan
    Also please check your ammosource email where I sent "ALL" images and you only replied that this is how the gun comes from SAVAGE and offered no other help to me. I only uploaded a few images here. And I really agree with the others complaining about their horrible experiences. Either you apologize right now about saying how I used the same bag for the mag and bolt, screaming and calling you a liar or you lose credibility. And trust me reviews will go up everywhere about this. I started this thread without making any accusations against you and while people were complaining about your service, I still presented doubt and dealt with this diplomatically and did not do a credit card charge back.
    Also SAVAGE is investigating if this gun is an open box demo. GOOD LUCK!!!