Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Exclamation New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Happy new year everyone. I bought this brand new rifle from a store as a Christmas gift and it arrived DOA (Damaged on arrival, not dead lol) pictures attached. It came in a standard non OEM cardboard box with scratches on the picatinny rail and magazine in a dirty open plastic bag. The bolt also had scratches on it and the box containing the manuals, accessories was open. There was also gunpowder residue coming off the muzzle. Just wondering if this is a new thing Savage is doing because I have bought the 110BA 338 Lapua before from del selins and it came in the OEM cardboard box with Savage printed in big black letters and was sealed brand new sparkling clean.

Last edited by new360; 01-07-2019 at 05:03 AM.

That’s abnormal. The savage boxes are well labeled. Someone sent you a shelf model (or they received it damaged in transit) without its original box.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

I would not be happy, this looks like a demo.

CGN Regular
    Near Barrie, ON and close to Wasaga Beach/Midland
    It don't add up. May have been used and returned. I would contact company and go from there.

The store tells me that's how Savage is selling them now. I'm going to contact Savage as my Christmas present is damaged. I agree this is a demo model or open box. Oh and I bought it from theammosource SFRC. I sent them these pics and they said that's how Savage is sending them. I just wanted to make sure by posting it here. Will contact Savage as well now

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    The store tells me that's how Savage is selling them now. I'm going to contact Savage as my Christmas present is damaged. I agree this is a demo model or open box. Oh and I bought it from theammosource SFRC. I sent them these pics and they said that's how Savage is sending them. I just wanted to make sure by posting it here. Will contact Savage as well now
    I doubt Savage is selling such rifle in a clear box. I can even bet on it that they do not

for the condition - can be a quality control issue, but this is not a new rifle condition and I highly doubt this is the Savage' standart of selling guns. I bought a few Savages , none came like this, none came in generic box.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I bought more or less the same rifle from SFRC last year and it came in the same sort of box. They did include the UPC label, which was required at the time for a rebate.

Mine came with a bad burr in the chamber, visible easily by naked eye, which was hilarious to see on a "blueprinted" rifle, but that's not on SFRC. Otherwise I was not under any impression that it was anything but new.

My experience in dealing with Savage is they really don't GAF beyond pretending to. I had no choice but to send the rifle to Grech for repair, when it should have gotten a new barrel.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

man i would be pissed!!!

this is the only boxes I could find on google for this rifle, sadly didn't see any box from outside to compare.

As I see your box, doesn't match, yours seems fully generic

I called Savage and they claim to never use generic boxes. They told me to call Lakefield and have it sent in for repair. Why should I send a new rifle that I purchased a week ago in for repair??? SFRC doesn't want to do anything about it either. I'm shocked and will take legal action against Savage since SFRC claims that Lakefield sent the rifle like this.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast