Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals!!! Mosin Nagant M91/30 Rifles in 7.62x54R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Appear to be a couple of hex receivers in there.

CGN Regular
    The sanctions, imposed on Russia, will be lifted sooner or later. Mosin and his friend Nagant, Simonov, Tokarev will visit us again in great numbers. Price will go down. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn View Post
    The sanctions, imposed on Russia, will be lifted sooner or later. Mosin and his friend Nagant, Simonov, Tokarev will visit us again in great numbers. Price will go down. Amen.
    Our rifles weren't even coming from Russia.

Hi
    I wonder if in the future they try to stop all milsurp imports if they get away with a hand gun ban
    cheers J

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    Exactly, this is why there are no mosins on the market anymore. All "non Russian" rifles are gone. Ex wasaw pact countries didn't have big numbers sine it was already long obsolete firearm at the time of pact was forming. Largest long term storage arms depos are in Russia and ukraine. Ukraine is "at war" and nothing is more lucrative during war time but arms trade. Ukrainian "battle bricks" of 7.62x39 ammo are already in Cabelas and I'm not going to be surprised if soon we will see ukranian mosins around.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn View Post
    Exactly, this is why there are no mosins on the market anymore. All "non Russian" rifles are gone. Ex wasaw pact countries didn't have big numbers sine it was already long obsolete firearm at the time of pact was forming. Largest long term storage arms depos are in Russia and ukraine. Ukraine is "at war" and nothing is more lucrative during war time but arms trade. Ukrainian "battle bricks" of 7.62x39 ammo are already in Cabelas and I'm not going to be surprised if soon we will see ukranian mosins around.
    Sure - all non-russian rifles may be gone, but to think that when sanctions disappear that we are going to see Mosins for $120 bucks again..... not gonna happen......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=Kramjacks;15576776]Anyone who doesn't have one yet and wants one? Look at the EE, or anywhere else really, the price of pretty much all milsurp has gone up significantly from where it was 10 years ago. There aren't crates of Mosins at Canadian Tire anymore.[/QUOTE
    Thanks Captain Obvious.I paid $118 each handpicked for 80 guns less than 5 years ago.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    The latest SKS batch came from Russia. They are rough, very, very rough. If Mosins etc come I expect they will be the same.

The war ended 70 plus years ago and in my opinion we are lucky that we are still seeing 91/30 rifles imported to us! In my opinion the mosins were a very under priced/under valued rifle for a long time. It seems that’s as of late the prices are slowly started to catch up. For 400 some dollars you are still getting a good quality rifle full of history! On the other hand it appears that the quality of the rifles seems to be going down a bit. The end of the cheap surplus unfortunately is almost over, so get what you want now because they won’t get cheaper anytime soon.

Prices jumped a bit right after 1985 when the nice clean hex receiver M-Ns were $25. at Levers in Vancouver and he would reduce that price if you bought more than two.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast