Thread: Feedback from last purchase

Feedback from last purchase

So let me start off by saying this will not be a positive review and that this is my opinion, I am not telling people that they should not buy from here just sharing my experience.

On December 26th I ordered a CZ SP-01 Phantom pistol via express post, due to the delay caused by the CFO's office the firearm did not get shipped out until January 4th (not FOC's fault at all). The parcel arrived today and I excitedly opened it to see my new firearm, upon opening the case I realized that I was shipped the wrong firearm (CZ Shadowline) in the correct case (so I was sent a firearm that was not even registered to me. I contacted FOC and was told that they would send me a return label and that I should ship them the firearm only and they would ship down my new firearm so I would have the case to match the gun. I am not comfortable in shipping a restricted firearm in just a plain cardboard box with no case nor in having my new pistol sent to me the same way. Canada Post also deems that firearms need to be cased to be shipped. They then offered to have me ship the entire firearm back case and all which they would return with the correct firearm, not wanting to wait an extra week to week and a half for a gun I ordered weeks ago so I suggested what I though was a fair solution. They register a different Phantom to me and ship it case and all once they had the tracking number for what I was sent and re-register the one in my name back to their store. They did not agree to do this and the employee that I was dealing with proceeded to repeat to me that there was no issue shipping a restricted firearm just wrapped up in a box. Considering the mistake that was made and that I offered what I thought was a sensible solution and did not want to argue more I simply asked for my money back which they have agreed to. Personally I am not impressed with this experience as I have worked in a gunshop and never sent the wrong, unregistered pistol to a customer. I will not be purchasing any firearms from FOC in the future. This is just my experience and I am not telling anyone where to shop, just want to share what happened.

Thank you,
    Mitch
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."- General George Patton Jr, NFA, CSSA and NRA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Are they aware that business and individuals are subject to different shipping requirements?
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    So you didn’t want to wait a week and a half to get your gun but were willing to wait a month or plus for another one exactly the same? You prb could have bougt an el cheepo case (10$) and shipped it back with a 2$ plastic trigger lock. I am sure they would have covered the cost.
    Last edited by 84fuegoturbo; 01-08-2019 at 08:03 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Just an FYI if you ask Canada Post the box if taped completely is a “locked” case. So FOC is right about that part. You’d have to trigger lock it though, but again a zip-tie is acceptable.

I will say it seems ridiculous you got the wrong firearm, especially one that wasn’t registered to you. Mistakes do happen but that’s a big one.

I wonder what the RCMP would think of all this...
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

BANNED