Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow Removal at Wolverine

Retirement looks sublime.
    NSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    I expected a flamethrower.
    I was hoping the same. Now I am sad.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbs View Post
    Mr. Wolverine, What year is your Unimog? Thanks.
    This Unimog is a 1983 model 406/U900 originally sold to the UK MOD and delivered to the RAF for airfield snow removal. She is really a fully specked out civilian model as she is 12 volt not 24 volt. She has twin air compressors and is set up with airlines for trailer brakes. Full hydraulics with twin spool valves and circuits front and rear. Front PTO. Twenty speed manual gear box. NATO pintal hitch, came with the front A Frame. Standard 4x4 and twin diff locks. Surprising for her year she has drum not disc brakes but these Unimogs could be ordered in just about any configuration.

She has just come out of my shop where I have serviced, the generator, starter motor, flushed the coolant system and had the rad serviced. Replaced all hoses and belts. Fitted new engine circulating heater, fitted new in cab diesel fired Airtronic heater. Last job was to fit a new injector pump that has boasted the HP from 85 to 110, this has made a huge difference to performance.

My dog Sammy is a rescue dog so her parents are unknown. Generally considered a Lab, Boxer, Beagle cross with maybe some Pug and who knows what else. I have been privileged to own 7 dogs over the years, all have been superb and Sammy is no exception, extremely intelligent and very loyal. The only dog who sleeps on the floor beside the bed at night, no other dog has even been allowed upstairs, I guess Sammy is special.

Thats so cool! Love the Mog, I've wanted one for so long and I keep telling myself the only stumbling block is the fuel milage lol!

Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by themarauder View Post
    I was hoping the same. Now I am sad.
    Same ruined my day

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IronCanadian's Avatar
    I need one to get "through/over" traffic in Winnipeg.
    At some point in their life, everyone will gamble on a fart and lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice rig, John & Sammy ! Out here , we just wait for a Chinook to melt the snow.

I have a 7 foot PTO blower on a 90 hp turbo diesel tractor and its getting dusty sitting in the barn this year with no snow.

Puma
    Meal, Ready to Eat. Three lies in one.

CGN Regular
    Same. Multiple people with flamethrowers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    I use to have the same Mog but it was orange in colour...lots of fun but fricken rough riding!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast