Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: So how much demand would there be for 18.6" 50 Beowulf barrels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    For less than the cost of the barrel, you guys could get into reloading and not have to worry about finding commercial ammo...
    Most simply don't have the time, it not a matter of the equipment or not knowing how to do it.

If shooting was my only hobby and I just punched a clock for someone 5 days a week, sure. But then I would be doing it to save money because I couldn't afford it otherwise.

Between my own businesses, full time job, other hobbies and family, it doesn't make sense to reload, my time is better spent making money, buying ammo and shooting when I have time. If I were to reload, I would have way less time to shoot.

With how expensive the cost of living and goods are becoming, it doesn't make sense to use free time to reload when I can be making money, buy ammo, shoot and still be further ahead than if I were reloading.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    But instead of shooting more for the same amount, people seem to like the convenience of sub par ammuntion that involves no more effort than going to the LGS to get.
    Ammo delivered to my door and it is cheaper than going to the LGS.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Most simply don't have the time, it not a matter of the equipment or not knowing how to do it.

If shooting was my only hobby and I just punched a clock for someone 5 days a week, sure. But then I would be doing it to save money because I couldn't afford it otherwise.

Between my own businesses, full time job, other hobbies and family, it doesn't make sense to reload, my time is better spent making money, buying ammo and shooting when I have time. If I were to reload, I would have way less time to shoot.

With how expensive the cost of living and goods are becoming, it doesn't make sense to use free time to reload when I can be making money, buy ammo, shoot and still be further ahead than if I were reloading.
    For cartridges that aren't easy to find like the beo reloading would be the way to go. It doesnt take much to reload 200 rounds. Prep brass one night (it's dark anyways cant shoot) and load the next night. You could have 700 rounds ready to shoot in 2 weeks doing 100 every 2 nights. But it's understandable that there are more important things in life. The only reason I reload is because I have stuff I cant buy in stores and make ammo 10x better than I can get from the store. If I could buy the same ammo in store I wouldn't reload anymore

Not to derail - but what about 3006 or large action calibre but not big bore?

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Not to derail - but what about 3006 or large action calibre but not big bore?
    Needs to fit in an AR-15 pattern magazine.

What’s happening with this? I’m still interested in a Beo barrel and ammo.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    What’s happening with this? I’m still interested in a Beo barrel and ammo.
    In another thread ATRS said they just ordered a bunch of barrels and stuff for big bore builds.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    In another thread ATRS said they just ordered a bunch of barrels and stuff for big bore builds.
    That's good, I ordered another lower just so I could build a big bore MS. I guess I should go order the upper too now.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    Sweet thanks. I missed that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Sweet thanks. I missed that I guess.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post15780238