Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So how much demand would there be for 18.6" 50 Beowulf barrels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I want one barrel.
    Last edited by griffin86; 01-10-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: I didn’t see the uppers are already machined for it.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

I'd be in for a Beowulf barrel. I've been wanting to do a non-restricted .50 Beowulf, mainly so I can have a Beowulf and Grendel combo. It would also make a great bush gun!
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    I'm confused. I thought the 50 fed fine from .223/5.56 mags, therefore 10rounders held 5 or 6 50's. Are all 5 round 50 mags prohib?

I'd be into this cartridge for my xcr-l if I wasn't already working on this stag 10 program.

I have a 375 Socom barrel on my Troy PAR, the 223 pistol mags won't hold 5 but the 7.62x39 pistol mags hold 5 & feed fine. I'd be in for a big bore in any of the calibers suggested. But $900 is a bit steep. Bought the 375 barrel bolt combo out of the states, cost was around $700 to my door.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I'm on the fence. It's a bit much for a range toy, but then it'd be one less reason to bother hanging on to the restricted AR platform.

Would you folks also source bolts?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'm on the fence. It's a bit much for a range toy, but then it'd be one less reason to bother hanging on to the restricted AR platform.

Would you folks also source bolts?
    EDIT: I was wrong
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

I've been searching around for a 450 bushmaster barrel/bolt for a little bit. Sadly, $950 is far too much to justify for just a barrel for me. Glad to see the ideas getting floated around though.

You know my opinion I loaned you the AR15 big bore upper to measure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    It’s just a 7.62x39 bolt.
    I was thinking in terms of assuring proper headspace, since it's a match barrel

And not all x39 bolt heads are the same dimensions
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I was thinking in terms of assuring proper headspace, since it's a match barrel

And not all x39 bolt heads are the same dimensions
    I was just reading up on it. I guess Alexander arms uses a slightly different one.
    CGN Weekly Schedule

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast