Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: So how much demand would there be for 18.6" 50 Beowulf barrels?

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to design a STANAG-style .50 Beowulf magazine that is single stack to make it impossible to load .223 into it so .50 Beowulf shooters can have 5 round magazines.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    (John 3:16)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironers View Post
    I wonder if it would be worthwhile to design a STANAG-style .50 Beowulf magazine that is single stack to make it impossible to load .223 into it so .50 Beowulf shooters can have 5 round magazines.
    It's only an issue for Canadians, very few 50 beowulf rifle owners in Canada, even fewer with NR ones. It is unlikely sales would pay for the tooling, let alone the time and R&D to ensure the RCMP does not take issue with the design
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

BANNED
    .458 Socom for meee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    I wish but the 2 round magazines kind of kill it for me.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is an RCMP interpretation, not law.

Show me anywhere in the firearms act that mentions a 2-round capacity or the term multi-caliber.

To my knowledge, nobody has been charged (or more importantly, convicted) of a magazine capacity issue related to this.

Five rounds if it’s made for a rifle, Ten rounds if it’s made for a pistol.
    I don’t have a signature block.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is an RCMP interpretation, not law.

Show me anywhere in the firearms act that mentions a 2-round capacity or the term multi-caliber.

To my knowledge, nobody has been charged (or more importantly, convicted) of a magazine capacity issue related to this.

Five rounds if it’s made for a rifle, Ten rounds if it’s made for a pistol.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    LOL YUP, That's the sad truth....

It would be tough to go from 10 rounds to 2... definitely lame in that configuration.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    It's only an issue for Canadians, very few 50 beowulf rifle owners in Canada, even fewer with NR ones. It is unlikely sales would pay for the tooling, let alone the time and R&D to ensure the RCMP does not take issue with the design
    You wouldn’t need to reinvent the wheel. What we need is a current Canadian manufacturer to make an AR pattern magazine with a proper follower. Since Beo was designed to be loaded into a standard AR mag changing the follower would make it so it wouldn’t reliably feed 5.56. Then they just laser engrave 50 Beowulf 5 rounds single stack on the side and we should be good to go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    You wouldn’t need to reinvent the wheel. What we need is a current Canadian manufacturer to make an AR pattern magazine with a proper follower. Since Beo was designed to be loaded into a standard AR mag changing the follower would make it so it wouldn’t reliably feed 5.56. Then they just laser engrave 50 Beowulf 5 rounds single stack on the side and we should be good to go.
    What you are suggesting falls under the RCMP's current interpretation as you are simply modifying an existing 223/556 magazine and would be limited to that calibers capacity.

I have had a NR 50 beowulf rifle for years now, as a result it has gotten lots of public exposure while hunting public land and I go through a ministry checkpoint in my province at least once a year where both conservation officers and RCMP are present. I wouldn't want to be the guy that gambles my firearms license on someone laser engraving 50 beowulf on a 223/556 magazine after simply changing a follower on it.

FYI, there was already a case where an individual was charged back east, plead guilty to numerous charges and the magazines were kept as prohibited devices.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Future fit for your NR? Modern hunter?