Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: So how much demand would there be for 18.6" 50 Beowulf barrels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    What you are suggesting falls under the RCMP's current interpretation as you are simply modifying an existing 223/556 magazine and would be limited to that calibers capacity.

I have had a NR 50 beowulf rifle for years now, as a result it has gotten lots of public exposure while hunting public land and I go through a ministry checkpoint in my province at least once a year where both conservation officers and RCMP are present. I wouldn't want to be the guy that gambles my firearms license on someone laser engraving 50 beowulf on a 223/556 magazine after simply changing a follower on it.

FYI, there was already a case where an individual was charged back east, plead guilty to numerous charges and the magazines were kept as prohibited devices.
    The magazine charges were dropped, if we're thinking of the same case. The mags were kept, for some unknown reason...

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    The magazine charges were dropped, if we're thinking of the same case. The mags were kept, for some unknown reason...
    Yes, as I said, the individual plead guilty on a number of his charges. The magazines were forfeit by the individual as they were still considered prohibited devices.

As always, I suggest anyone with a 50 beowulf rifle get their own legal advise and base what risk you are willing to take off what your own lawyer tells you, because if anything happens, he will be the one representing you.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post

Regardless that still doesn't mean that the system won't take pleasure in dragging another innocent individual through the wringer. I and most others can't afford to be that next individual.
    exactly

Even if you can afford to fight it, it could take years to resolve and get you property and firearms license back. It could also have repercussions lasting a lifetime if the media runs the story and your name through the mud in your community
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Why not just contract someone like mdt to make polymer magazines specifically for the beo. They already make their own mags and have all the molds and tooling to do so. The demand would be big.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Why not just contract someone like mdt to make polymer magazines specifically for the beo. They already make their own mags and have all the molds and tooling to do so. The demand would be big.
    The beo and socom need commercially loaded ammo available in Canada for purchase to really take off. I can count on one hand the number of other shooters I have seen at the range or out in the bush with either caliber.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

The beo and socom need commercially loaded ammo available in Canada for purchase to really take off. I can count on one hand the number of other shooters I have seen at the range or out in the bush with either caliber.
    If you build it they will come. If there is a demand there will be a supply. There is no demand right now due to the lack of rifles out there in 458 or 50 beo. Get them in people's hands they will demand ammo and someone will supply it

If you build it they will come. If there is a demand there will be a supply. There is no demand right now due to the lack of rifles out there in 458 or 50 beo. Get them in people's hands they will demand ammo and someone will supply it
    then why did you say there is already huge demand for someone to build magazines? People need the ammo to go in the mags already available more than another magazine to buy

then why did you say there is already huge demand for someone to build magazines? People need the ammo to go in the mags already available more than another magazine to buy
    I meant there would be a big demand. My typing skills in the morning aren't the best. If there was readily available barrels there would be a demand for mags. That all creates a demand for ammo and atrs said they could get ammo.

When did would become a past tense term. It's always meant future tense to me. I never said there is a demand for them I said there would be a demand for them

There is not a lot of demand, in fact there is next to zero demand. ATRS is offering to make .50beo barrels. They need a commitment of 6 people and they don’t have that yet. There might be another 50 (maybe 100???) Beowulf rifles in Canada. No one is going to spend $50,000-$80,000 for injection molds to sell magazines for such a small group.

Besides the already available 450 Bushmaster mags should work. I cannot test until my single feed barrel extensions show up from the US, but are delayed due to government shutdown