CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Thread: packaging

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet

packaging

Thank you for the very thorough protection and packing of my most recent order.

Despite the fact that the order was very small, in both size and value, with only one item, whomever packed it up did so well enough to protect the the most fragile, most precious commodity on this earth; the package had been made into something almost as tough as a Pelican case. The product was contained in it's original plastic bag, then it was wrapped in four layers of styrofoam, then it was placed inside a square box measuring about about 10" x 10" x 10", then the styrofoam was carefully placed in the centre of the 10" square box, then the box was filled with those styrofoam packing peanuts, then the styrofam peanuts were compressed so that the box could be taped closed. Wow! All this, and the shipping only cost me $31.55!

Some people, no doubt, would consider all of this this packaging overkill for one MagClaw Glock floorplate tool, priced @$29. They might say that it could have been shipped in the smallest padded mailer for about $7. (rather than $31.55), but I'm just happy that my new MagClaw Glock floorplate tool arrived in one piece, safe and sound. I am, however, starting to worry about the shipping cost of the Glock 48 (once they arrive). If the same employee is going to package that, applying the same dilligence, I might find myself unable to pay outstanding balance (after the shipping has been included).

; )
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet bfiles's Avatar
    LMAO!!!!

YUP I ordered a tiny little AR180b parts kit and it was shipped the same way and cost me 30+$ too.

Overkill just a little
    CSSA MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I got a good chuckle out of this.

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Automated postage calculators are problematic. When you reach checkout, if you feel the postage charges are inappropriate, please call or email and we can calculate manually.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    http://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Did you read the post? (The post about a single (5" long x 1" wide x 1/4" thick) MagClaw spanner wrench protected by a cardboard box top-full of compressed styrofoam and measuring 10" x 10" x 10"?)

This wasn't a 'automated postage calculator' issue.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Yes it is. We have a small selection of boxes that we use for shipping. Items are matched to a particular box size based on weight and dimensions. It isn’t feasible to have large numbers of options of packaging. You probably noticed that most large shippers do the same.
    So again, if you are ordering small, light items and the shipping seems out of line, please just email your concern and we can customize the packaging.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    http://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com