Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SK Launches New Long Range Match .22 LR Ammunition

M A R K E T I N G, btw how much compared to SK Standard, oh what ^^^^he said

There is no ballistic data on it yet and all we have is press release data until the trade show where where I am sure they will have more info for us.
    That being said if we connect the dots, we can guess couple of things. Lapua has been involved with PRS both rimfire and centerfire for a while so I am guessing they are taking the feedback from the field and trying to make something that will be more suitable for beyond the 100yd. We have seen some really good results with longer ranges with some of he Lapua ammunition, especially with some little faster loads. For example Sk Biathlon Sport is rated at 1090 and the extra speed seems to help when going to longer ranges.
    For the comments of what "long range" is, that is of course debatable. However when you take .22lr ammo I think anything beyond 100 meters could be considered long range.
    Price wise, I am guessing it would be sub $10 per box. I could be wrong, but this is SKs sweet spot and I am pretty sure they want to defend hard that price segment.
    Again, this is fresh off the news press so lets see what the numbers are once they are published and more importantly once we put them though the guns.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I'm sure it's fine ammo but when I think long range, I think bigger caliber not 22lr. That's just me.
    Take a look at this video - quite interesting results:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesro Inc View Post
    There is no ballistic data on it yet and all we have is press release data until the trade show where where I am sure they will have more info for us.
    That being said if we connect the dots, we can guess couple of things. Lapua has been involved with PRS both rimfire and centerfire for a while so I am guessing they are taking the feedback from the field and trying to make something that will be more suitable for beyond the 100yd. We have seen some really good results with longer ranges with some of he Lapua ammunition, especially with some little faster loads. For example Sk Biathlon Sport is rated at 1090 and the extra speed seems to help when going to longer ranges.
    For the comments of what "long range" is, that is of course debatable. However when you take .22lr ammo I think anything beyond 100 meters could be considered long range.
    Price wise, I am guessing it would be sub $10 per box. I could be wrong, but this is SKs sweet spot and I am pretty sure they want to defend hard that price segment.
    Again, this is fresh off the news press so lets see what the numbers are once they are published and more importantly once we put them though the guns.
    Thats It, Im going to visit the SK booth at SHOT Shownand I am going to get to the bottom of this.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PGW Steve View Post
    Nice bit of marketing, but how? What makes it so special? Did they make extra efforts to lower the ES? Is the bullet engineered somehow to be better? Why is it long range suitable beyond just saying 'long range'? Give us something technical to back it up, long range shooters tend to be fairly tech savvy and would understand.
    My hope is something a little heavier, 44-46 grains, that maintains a brisque velocity, that has more of a HPBT geometry and BC.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Take my money.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I'm sure it's fine ammo but when I think long range, I think bigger caliber not 22lr. That's just me.
    A hundred yards with a .22 is a real test for any marksman. The bullseye is as big as you want it, but the circular error inherent in each shot means you'd better not throw away any points. Your own error will show up, just like shooting air rifle is unforgiving.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have recently decided that 22 "precision shooting" is the only kind that I will be able to practice enough to get a lot better at. First because cf ammo in the quantities required costs a lot more, and takes a lot more time reloading, and because 200-300yd ranges are relatively easy to find and get to, vs 1000yds. Watching that video, he shows that the drop and wind drift of a 168gr 308 at 1000yds is very similar to the drop and wind drift of a 22 at 300 yds. I expect 22 match ammo to move toward higher bc bullets if the rimfire precision game gets more popular.
    Semper Fi

I shoot 200M with my .22LR Ruger Precision Rimfire all day I hope its Hyper velocity
    "I live life one Quarter Pounder at a time.. for those 800 calories or more, I am FREE :D "

IPSC BC Member

Here's all the info you need!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast