Thread: Question about your Elite brake

Question about your Elite brake

I'm trying to decide what to put it on for the best results, figured you guys already tested the crap out of it so may as well ask and save some ammo and time lol.
    All bolt guns here, 16" 308, 24" 308, 26" 7mm mag. Naturally the 16" and the 7mm mag will produce the most gas at the muzzle, but will I get a face full of it on the 16"?
    Will it be effective on a 7mm mag due to the larger difference in bore diameter between the brake and barrel?
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

The way the ports are designed the gasses don't impact the shooter so you won't notice anything gas wise, just reduced recoil. Just like with any brake, if you're shooting next to someone else, they will experience some added air pressure.

It should be just as effective on the 7mm mag as on a 308 based just on the pressure difference.

Thanks! I'll give it a run on the 16", currently has a PA M41 which has reduced recoil to almost nothing, but the concussion is ridiculous when shooting.

I don’t think you’ll get gas blow back as the shooter from a brake. I think that’s only an issue when you run something like a gas gun with a suppressor and the restriction of the gasses exiting the muzzle backs up thru the gas system and causes increased leakage out the receiver. The concussion is definitely a thing and while I haven’t found it bad outside unless you’re right beside the shooter under a covered shooting shed or something it can be a bit much.

If you google Precision Rifle Blog’s muzzle brake test he used a variety or different methods to test brakes and he found a very minimal reduction in recoil reducing effectiveness when using an overbore brake, like a .308 brake on a 6.5mm or 6mm.

Quote Originally Posted by TRDYamahauler View Post
    I don’t think you’ll get gas blow back as the shooter from a brake. I think that’s only an issue when you run something like a gas gun with a suppressor and the restriction of the gasses exiting the muzzle backs up thru the gas system and causes increased leakage out the receiver. The concussion is definitely a thing and while I haven’t found it bad outside unless you’re right beside the shooter under a covered shooting shed or something it can be a bit much.

If you google Precision Rifle Blog’s muzzle brake test he used a variety or different methods to test brakes and he found a very minimal reduction in recoil reducing effectiveness when using an overbore brake, like a .308 brake on a 6.5mm or 6mm.
    I tried the 308 PA on my 7mm mag and the results were poor, much more muzzle flip and recoil then the Thruster bored for the 7mm. Might just be the design isn't suited for the rifle...it is a neutral brake however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I tried the 308 PA on my 7mm mag and the results were poor, much more muzzle flip and recoil then the Thruster bored for the 7mm. Might just be the design isn't suited for the rifle...it is a neutral brake however.
    Give it a try! We are sure you'll like it, we do have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee so if you don't like it, let us know within 30 days and we'll take it back and give you a full refund on the product so you're only out a bit of your time and some shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by MDT Ryan View Post
    Give it a try! We are sure you'll like it, we do have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee so if you don't like it, let us know within 30 days and we'll take it back and give you a full refund on the product so you're only out a bit of your time and some shipping.
    It's a keeper regardless, fit/finish is perfect, the amount of thought that went into the design is remarkable, having it completely neutral and symmetrical so the most it needs to turn to time is less then 1/2 turn is brilliant.
    I'm sure it will work fine on one of these guns I have.