Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transport without registration certificate

Uber Super GunNutz

Transport without registration certificate

So I’ve received my first restricted firearm from a dealer. I have NOT received the registration certificate yet.

1.) Am I right in saying that it is NOT legal for me to transport this gun to the range until I have the registration certificate in my possession?

2.) When transporting the firearm do I need to carry a copy/original of the registration certificate?
    Last edited by Alee; 01-12-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

1) opinion will vary on this website. Registration number is on the transfert notice for all its worth. Best advice is to call CFC for an answer. I have, twice, and was told that I could the first time and that I couldn't the second time...

2) you should have your PAL and copy/original registration(s) of all restricted/prohib firearms you are carrying/using
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

If you reside in ON you can transfer from home to range on your transfer permit.
    :D STUPID is supposed to be fatal, but we spend countless resources to protect IDIOTS from being the cause of their own demise. Occasionally a ray of sunshine comes through an STUPID manages to do the job it was intended to do.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun1 View Post
    If you reside in ON you can transfer from home to range on your transfer permit.
    Has anyone gotten that in writing?
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Sadly most policing agencies do not know the law whether it be transporting firearms or ammunition. It's always better to error on the side of caution and go above and beyond what is required. Otherwise you could find yourself on the side of the road for an hour or worse....inside the station while they get their act together.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    1) opinion will vary on this website. Registration number is on the transfert notice for all its worth. Best advice is to call CFC for an answer. I have, twice, and was told that I could the first time and that I couldn't the second time...

2) you should have your PAL and copy/original registration(s) of all restricted/prohib firearms you are carrying/using
    Thanks for that. Best to just wait it seems. I'll give them a call on monday to see if I can get it emailed to me.

Super Moderator
    The actual registration certificate cannot be emailed - it is a printed document.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    The actual registration certificate cannot be emailed - it is a printed document.
    Ah, guess i misinterpreted what someone told me previously. Thanks.

My expired Long Term ATT said this:

"The holder must be in possession of the Registration Certificate(s) for the firearm(s) being transported."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    It's not illegal to not have your reg cert with you. It makes things easier in the unlikely situation you are asked to produce one though.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast