Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bond arms long slide bullpup

I was very tempted by the Boberg so would probably take the plunge on this one, especially if they worked out some of the bugs (?) - read mixed views so not totally sure what they even were.

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdawg View Post
    I was very tempted by the Boberg so would probably take the plunge on this one, especially if they worked out some of the bugs (?) - read mixed views so not totally sure what they even were.
    The Xr9-L was criticized for not being able to handle some 9mm that wasn’t crimped with enough forte; boberg identified some recommended ammunition that included plenty of defensive 9mm, as well as ammo to avoid completely

Also some criticisms about service interval; certain parts had to be lubricated after X amount of rounds

Other criticisms was it being double action only and no slide catch & release and no last shot hold open
    Last edited by cerebral_bore; 01-13-2019 at 07:04 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Nice. The video even says it will be a 4.2" (for Canada legal) as well.

I certainly would be interested in any parts that can be swapped with my own Boberg: it is my favorite semi-auto handgun of all time. I have enough rounds through mine I stopped counting.
    Why would you be swapping parts between an almost identical pistol? Which parts are you talking about?
    Il messanger non è importante

It looks like a hipoint...
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Why would you be swapping parts between an almost identical pistol? Which parts are you talking about?
    That’s what I was going to ask as well. I have a XR9L and I wouldn’t expect to change anything. I tried a few different locally sourced 9mm types of ammo and had no problems and now use my reloads without any problems.

Yes, it’s double action only, no slide catch & release and no last shot hold open but that was by design. It never was intended to be a competition type gun. It will be interesting to see what changes Bond Arms have made to this pistol.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    I am talking about magazine springs, magazine base plates (one extended by 3-4mm would be awesome), recoil spring, trigger spring and other parts specifically that normally get replaced over time . I have been in contact with Bond Arms's head of PR by email already in regards to this and have been told those items *should* be interchangeable (intentional to keep Bobergs running) where a few items will not, namely the locking block, barrel and magazine body (the feed lips were modified and the locking mechanism changed slightly according to Bond Arms).

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    The Xr9-L was criticized for not being able to handle some 9mm that wasn’t crimped with enough forte; boberg identified some recommended ammunition that included plenty of defensive 9mm, as well as ammo to avoid completely

Also some criticisms about service interval; certain parts had to be lubricated after X amount of rounds

Other criticisms was it being double action only and no slide catch & release and no last shot hold open
    The ammunition was a large factor: I reload for it and the crimps have to be solid.

I don't see the cleaning as an issue based on the design. The pistol was designed to be a back-up and/or self defense pistol, not a range target pistol: leather cures and body sweat would need to be cleaned from it often. Although not intended as a range only firearm, it is too awesome not to have, in my opinion only of course.

Again, designed as a back-up and/or self defense pistol the DAO and no separate slide lock (disconnect lever can go half way for this and auto closes if you pull the slide) is a strength, again IMO only. Lack of hold open, again, if you empty the magazine in the intended self defense situation, you have bigger problems...

... again, just my opinions.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I love my Boberg, and wouldn't hesitate to grab a new Bond Arms as well.
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    It looks like a hipoint...
    Are you high?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine22 View Post
    Are you high?
    Well initially it was a bit of a troll but....it actually does remind me of a c9
    I am a kit hor(der)

Expried Business Member
    We do not have any info or availability on the Bond Arms Bullpup at the moment

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast