Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Never expected this 😓

It would have taken less effort to call them. The “last year” comment lost me, you so whiny.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    Call Wanstalls... send them a copy of the email from CFO. I am not defending Wanstalls...
    You are right, this does happen. Call Wanstalls and let them know: maybe they never got it, it fell under the fax machine or printer stand when it got spit out with 40 more like it.

Years ago when the long gun registry was on I sold a restricted firearm to Ontario: first, it took 2 months to get approval and second, the buyer got his approval letter and registration card (the hard plastic back then) before I got anything on my end... buyer PM'd me here, I called Alberta CFO and got it fixed.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I don’t know how the CFO send the transfers to stores but if it’s by regular mail Wanstalls may not have it yet. Maple a Ridge is still behind with mail delivery. I’m still getting stuff posted from the beginning of December. I got a Christmas card last week.

i dont think the ontario CFO is even back from holidays yet maybe sometime in march....

Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    It would have taken less effort to call them. The “last year” comment lost me, you so whiny.
    I also took a dislike to the "last year" thing...kind of over the top.

I've ordered an completely unrelated item from them a few years ago, mid summer. Wasn't a firearm so I didn't need a cfo approval or nothing, the deal went smooth as silk... so I don't know what the hell this OP is talking about.

I have had the same thing happen to me. Bought a handgun from a sponsor on this site in Ontario (I live in BC). I had my registration change document within 3 days. The dealer was waiting for an email from their CFO. I waited 2 weeks and finally called them. They never got their email notification from back east. I believe their call to start the transfer was answered in Quebec. I emailed them my copy of my document and they shipped that day.
    Just because you got your confirmation, doesn't mean they got theirs. Two different CFO's, your in Alberta and Wanstalls is in BC. Wanstalls' need confirmation from the CFO before they can ship.
    These guys are a fantastic to deal with, just call them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Bad forum, form...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))χχ<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMorningwood View Post
    I've ordered an completely unrelated item from them a few years ago, mid summer. Wasn't a firearm so I didn't need a cfo approval or nothing, the deal went smooth as silk... so I don't know what the hell this OP is talking about.

BUT....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CFO approval

On one occasion I also received my approval letter before the vendor. They had to call the CFO to confirm that their notice was "lost in the mail".

Happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1982115 View Post
    So, I put an order onDec 26th last year for a Beretta M9A3, paid the money and been waiting patiently till Jan 02 this year when I sent an email to sales at WanstallS.

I was told it was not shipped because of delays caused by CFOs having their holidays! It was reasonable explanation at that time so I agreed to wait some more and hoped it will be shipped and received before 15th, which also happens to be my birthday, but...well, I have to admit that I have NEVER expected that I will one day receive the CFO letter telling me I can take possession of my purchased firearm BEFORE I actually get the firearm, LOL~ And the approval itself was issued on Jan 03😓

Well, someone told me it will be shipped as soon as it been approved and now it has been 11 days since that......

So what’s up Wanstalls? Care to shed some light on the situation?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast