Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame 9mm

$1500US MSRP feels a bit on the high end, $1250 MSRP and market price of about $1100 would sell way better in my mind...

Whats the difference between this one and the pro model?
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Platypus View Post
    Thoughts vs a Shadow 2 anyone?

It is $750 more.

What do you get besides the "Walther ergonomics" which, of course, is entirely subjective.
    better trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    Whats the difference between this one and the pro model?
    I think it is just the magwell and +mag baseplates. Not sure if there is anything else

"Whats the difference between this one and the pro model? "

From what I could see on their website, the Pro model has a flared magwell and an extended mag.
    That's just from a cursory glance.
    I would opt for the Pro as well.
    Last edited by cycoblade; 02-05-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Who all will be carrying this for sale?
    Hopefully someone connected with TCC. :-)

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    No one should ever need to be convinced to spend an extra 750. on any particular gun. If the value is not obvious then it is not the gun for that person. If someone can't afford the price then there are certainly other cheaper options. This gun comes in at a fair price considering what you are getting. Three sight plates compared to none on the Shadow and a ton more time in CNC, so that is not free. One could ask why a Tanfo extreme stock II is 1000 more than the Stock II. I am sure there are changes that cost that much more. Why is the STI DVC Classic, which is really a fancy 1911, selling for 4,500. ?

These same questions come up in every thread about the PPQ SF, and other new guns for that matter, demanding to know why gun X is priced so high. I just don't get it. Telling the distributor that they would sell way more guns if it was a thousand less is ridiculous . Does anyone think a manufacturer would miss the market value by that much ?

There cannot be a comparison between the PPQ and the Shadow which will prove one superior to the other since they are so different. It will come down to personal preference, training and of course budget. You either want/buy one or the other. There is no best choice for everyone, but there is a clear, no contest winner for me. I will be shooting the PPQ SF .

Pistol Review: The PPQ Q5 Match – A Return to Walther’s Roots
    https://www.getzone.com/pistol-revie...althers-roots/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Am I the only one who looks at the price tag and thinks that something with this many features doesn't belong in production class vs a bunch of m&ps and glock 17s? Lol
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Am I the only one who looks at the price tag and thinks that something with this many features doesn't belong in production class vs a bunch of m&ps and glock 17s? Lol
    You won't be shooting against them. You will be in a different class with the plastic PPQ. If you shoot IPSC.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast