Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame 9mm

It’s a shame because at 2 grand you have every option of competition gun out there if your not opposed to buying used. The influx of the SF will make the Q5 Match polymer flood the used market at under $1K as well. Leaves another $1K for guns, gear or ammo. Great innovation developing a steel frame striker fire but I don’t feel like paying for R&D on an existing platform, made from a different material.

I am not too sure what causes the price variance of the polymer compared to the SF. I think it was a bad move on Walthers part as it will NOT dominate the Production/Production Optics division at that price point. Smart move would have been to have it competitively priced with the Shadow 2.

It's awefully purdy though. Love to handle one....must look away...wife watching me type...lol
    IPSC CCFR Blacksmithing
    "Usually the problem is between the seat & the steering wheel"

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
    I am not too sure what causes the price variance of the polymer compared to the SF. I think it was a bad move on Walthers part as it will NOT dominate the Production/Production Optics division at that price point. Smart move would have been to have it competitively priced with the Shadow 2.
    The last thing I want to do is be that guy who argues with everyone who disagrees about the SF version but cmon. Do you really think any company can machine a highly complex lower for the same price as a molded piece of metal reinforced plastic ? Price point has nothing to do with dominating a division. Performance will determine what dominates. And that is the unanswered question.

Cheap does not win matches. Otherwise no one would have made the Shadow the number one gun in Canada for production. It was expensive. The Walther is a lot less than the top Tanfo's which are very popular in Eastern Canada. Serious competitors will purchase whatever gun they perceive as giving them the greatest advantage. Walther hit the mark exactly where they should be considering what you are getting.

I was talking to a friend who was at shot show and he loved the feel and function of the new steel frame, that I place a preorder for one

BANNED
    Looking at it, side of the slide without "walther" on it looks clean, they should have put the the name somewhere else so both sides had that look.

STOCKING DEALER LIST IS UP!!!

Last edited by North_Sylva; 05-30-2019 at 02:07 PM.

The Walther Q5 Match SF Might Be the Best Competition Pistol You’ll Find
    https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...tition-pistol/

Handguns Magazine: Walther Q5 Match Steel Frame
    https://www.handgunsmag.com/editoria...l-frame/361022

We found Dara Holster to fit quite nicely on the Q5 Steel Frame!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast