Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR1 27-28 April 2019

I would suggest everyone verify their routes with the amount of flooding and possibly road bridge closures. Or, bring the sleigh and paddle!!! See you all tomorrow!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Comming back from MTL on a train and will prep my gear this afternoon.
    Seems like i will have to prepare for any weather we have quite the mixed forecast for this weekend!
    Good times ahead can’t wait.

Business Member
    Snow or wet snow is predicted for the Garrisson Petawawa area on the Weather Network. Expect to bet uncomfortable after all, PR is part of the Service Conditions Series of Matches designed for the military folks back in the day...

Settled into my room at the cottage or J108 barracks.

1800 for Quesada Burrito across from the KIA Dealership for this of you already in town.

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    Arrived back in South Georgian Bay for 2300 tonight. I hope everyone arrived home safely.

I am hoping you learned a great deal. I had some concerns voiced to me about the material in the “course” this weekend. All I can say is hahahahahaha

I am being facetious because nowhere in my thread does it say this is a course, especially for the killer sky high price of $60 for two days. Hahahaha

Honestly if you want a course, I can direct you to REAL courses by real snipers and real gun fighters and real breachers and real assaulters and be prepared to pay according for a “course”...I’m just a Dirty Patricia so you get into the game for cheap $$ Hahahahaha

There’s a reason I call this weekend a Clinic /Match, because that’s what it is....oh yeah, a bit of a practice also. I don’t think there is a place or club or range or school that offers an opportunity to shoot the distances we shot today with the structure we provided. We are a very unique community/ arrangement/ hybrid group of shooters and I’m super proud to call all of you my clients.

I even have one client deployed right now in Northern Hot & Sandy right this moment. Some of you have shared a firing point and Danny’s Steak House dinner with callsign22

We are a super group of people and I could not be happier. Thanks for all the laughs and giggles and jokes and steaks and prime rib and deserts and stories.

I am honoured! I’ll have the scores up tomorrow and I better hit the sack!

Oh yeah for the super keeners, google search great folks like these:

* Milcun , Keith Cunningham and Linda Miller
    * Phaseline Green , Earl Green
    * Rob Furlong Marksmanship
    * WGT Consulting
    * Longshot Shooting School
    * Veritas Courses, here on CGNutz

TTYL tomorrow

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 04-29-2019 at 12:09 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    No concerns or complaints here.

Both days are full as it is. Obviously there is no time for anything extra. Please don't add classroom time haha...

Thanks everyone for coming out and a huge thankyou goes to Barney for running another fun and well run clinic . The wind was tricky at times but the sunny weather on Sunday and not having 3 feet of snow on the range was great for a change ..lol . Someone left a rifle bag behind in the range shack .. send me a pm if its yours.
    Hope to see you all again here in Petawawa soon !

RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Had a great time,
    Learned a lot this week-end, both in match procedures and format, and from my squad mate that led me in on a few new tips that will serve me well!

Big thank you for Barney, Morgan, Heather and everyone else that made this past weekend happen! I had a great time and look forward to coming back soon.

Business Member
    Doing stats right now. TT Truck is cleaned up. Glad that all of you tossed all that found brass, MG belt links, fired booolits in the bed of my truck. I don’t mind whatsoever, actually I encourage cleanup and then using the bed of my truck for that garbage because this practice makes the range inspection by Range Control easier for Morgan and myself. Cleaning up the truck just outside my garage is most simple, and gives me peace of mind the garbage and brass sweep is maximized.

Will post stats soon...okay. They are up now

Name:  00A07C97-15C4-4FF6-A31D-D50EA5AE5613.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  147.2 KB
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 04-29-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Business Member
    Well I’ve said it before and I’ll contin to say it,” If you want to be great, be grateful!!”

I’m super grateful for these points:

* I’m so grateful for The Petawawa GC for hosting these events especially over all these years
    * I’m grateful for Morgan who invites me up here and sorts out letters of invite for restricted rigs to shoot on DND ranges
    * I’m grateful for Heather who gives up her weekend to hang with us as per Range Control policies
    * I’m grateful to my clients, without them we would not have these events
    * I’m grateful for my repeat clients especially those hungry for Danny’s Steak house Kale salads
    * I’m grateful for my mentors at Milcun, Keith and Linda...they allow me to bounce ideas off them regularly
    * I’m grateful for my coach, TimK. I learned how NOT to run a ShztShow and prepare for plan A, B, and C! Hahahahaha Thanks
    * I’m grateful for talented ButtsO crew like Scott and Lee, without them, we WILL have a ShztShow! Cheers

I’m grateful for my enthusiastic butt or target markers because you folks did a tough job without seeing much in the covered butts

So, what’s your take away from this learning weekend, aside from the 4 of you who won KY Weapons Lubricant?

Cheers, Barney

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast