Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR1 27-28 April 2019

Hi Morgan. Can you give us a range condition update. Shall we bring mudders or mukluks??

Still a foot or two of snow in most places ..firing points are getting muddy.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Business Member
    Sounds to me like a sled or toboggan might be in order!
    Tarps or mats or convertible case / drag bag might be in order!

Cheers, Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    At least I can leave the snowshoes at home. My tobogan has been getting a workout at Petawawa.

Do I need a range parking pass for my sled dogs?
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
    ― Socrates

Business Member
    Packing my TT Truck right now. Don’t forget your tools needed to slip your scales on your scope. Remember to have your rig zeroed for 100m or yards. Sometimes that’s not possible. We will get you into the playing card or black patch right away

Pack along the Allen keys or Torx keys needed for your scope rings and bases. I’ve seen many bases work look on the Saturday practice. I will also have Allen keys for the firing line. Torx, not so much because my scope bases and rings are Loctite’d down upon installation process! But that’s me! Hahahahaha

Expect stuff to loosen up and you will be ready for anything. Go pack them Allen keys right now before the playoff games tonight! Avoid any unnecessary grief and S2pid surprises for Saturday. I get to see all this Shzt go down every Saturday practice that we run!

Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.....The 6 P’s..... of planning! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Packing my TT Truck right now. Don’t forget your tools needed to slip your scales on your scope. Remember to have your rig zeroed for 100m or yards. Sometimes that’s not possible. We will get you into the playing card or black patch right away

Pack along the Allen keys or Torx keys needed for your scope rings and bases. I’ve seen many bases work look on the Saturday practice. I will also have Allen keys for the firing line. Torx, not so much because my scope bases and rings are Loctite’d down upon installation process! But that’s me! Hahahahaha

Expect stuff to loosen up and you will be ready for anything. Go pack them Allen keys right now before the playoff games tonight! Avoid any unnecessary grief and S2pid surprises for Saturday. I get to see all this Shzt go down every Saturday practice that we run!

Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.....The 6 P’s..... of planning! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney
    Any clever/tactical ways to attach needed allen/torx to your rig? I have so many scopes and rings etc that it throws my back out lugging around my range bag.
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
    ― Socrates

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerbob View Post
    Any clever/tactical ways to attach needed allen/torx to your rig? I have so many scopes and rings etc that it throws my back out lugging around my range bag.
    Back before the days of the chassis we used cheek piece stock packs. Blackhawk makes a cheek piece with a zippered pocket. I carry a plastic dime bag with all kinds of little Allen and Torx keys inside

TT Truck is all packed up. Friday night Quesada Burrito for 6 PM or 1800 for those of you looking for a cheaper meal. Saturday night many of us will be at Danny’s Steak House, so I have to save my money for that visit!

Cheers, Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    I will stop by for some tacos if I get into town by 6. See you soon...

truck loaded up, gassed up and ready to go.

New for this year, HDMR Mil scope and Legend T-Series spotting scope with FFP mil reticle, great combo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast