Thread: Questions about PAL application

Question Questions about PAL application

Hi guys...been lurking here for awhile and finally registered. Can anyone answer me a few questions regarding the PAL application form? I just want to make sure I have it filled out perfectly before I send it in.

In section G 20(c) It asks..." have you been certified by the Chief Firearms Officer as meeting safety the safety training requirements.....specify....."

should I check yes to this? Just above it it has the two questions asking if you passed the Pal and Rpal Canadian Firearm Safety course. I'm thinking the above is something different and I should leave the yes/no part blank since I already checked the PAL and RPAL training boxes. Any ideas?

Part A 2(a) asks if I am licensed, indicate the class of firearm I now posses. There is a box at the end that says - I do not posses any firearms. I shoule leave that unchecked right?

Section J FEES I should put $80 for both the PAL and RPAL box correct? Its not $60 for PAL and $80 for RPAL combined for a total of $140 is it?

Can I use my brother as a guarantor?

Thats it....sorry guys...I just don't want to tie the process up with a stupid mistake and I'm being overly careful....Thanks for any help in advance.

CGN frequent flyer
    G20 is asking about the CFSC course you had to take. Did you take the course, yes or no? Yes - good, continue with application. No - bad, back to step one, read information package.

When I took the PAL/RPAL course through Silvercore the instructor went through the application package thoroughly - frankly your instructor should've as well as it will save headaches down the road.

A2 is really looking at whether or not you were previously licensed. Answer yes or no as appropriate. Answer the question about owned firearms and licence status with the answer you realize is right...

Expried Business Member
    It looks like 7ECA has you covered. Regardless of where you did your training, you are welcome to call our office for assistance on matters such as these. In fact, on top of the 10 million in liability insurance, and industry discounts and meeting RCMP CFP requests for club membership, Silvercore members have access to our staff to assist with all firearms and licensing related questions.

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice. For question 2(a) I just checked "I do not posess any firearms. For question G 20(c) I answered no. And for fees I put down $80 for both Pal and Rpal. I think I got it all correct. I tried texting my trainer and he texted back..."call the RCMP" ..lol. Anyways the application with test results is on its way as of yesterday so its in the hands of God and the RCMP now��

CGN frequent flyer
    I'd say you're good to go with the application. It's not really any more difficult to apply for versus anything else Federally regulated, and like most other things the application is a reading comprehension exercise to some degree - like the exams.

If you have forgotten anything on the application they will let you know either by a phone call or a letter in the mail