Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are LAR-15 magazines OK but not Beowulf?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Ya , it some confusing stuff man.
    And to top it all off , a criminal gets 30 rnounders.
    can't agree more, not to mention Pmag now has a 40 rounds, and schmeisser just introduced a nice 60 round magazine....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by macaufoto View Post
    can't agree more, not to mention Pmag now has a 40 rounds, and schmeisser just introduced a nice 60 round magazine....
    Don't forget about the 100 round surefire mags, they are top of the line

picture sharing

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    lol, can anyone find the definition of a handgun in Canadian legislature/case law/etc?? I'm currently going thru some, but can't find any. All I have is one for "firearm".

Criminal Code Definition
    handgun means a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands; (arme de poing)

I still remember trying to register my PDW AR build as a pistol and they asked me how many round magazine I was using, I said 10. She told me the next step was to have a gunsmith verify it is indeed a "pistol". In retrospect with the laws changing its probably good it's registered as a rifle.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    lol, can anyone find the definition of a handgun in Canadian legislature/case law/etc?? I'm currently going thru some, but can't find any. All I have is one for "firearm".
    Try section 84 of the criminal code. Thats where all the relevant definitions for firearms are found, except for firearm itself which is found in s 2.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Ok so to be clear on this, technically if we r to use the Beowulf mag for .223 we aren’t breaking the law but still run the real risk of an uninformed officer making a mess of things?

Is that a fair evaluation?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdwh View Post
    Ok so to be clear on this, technically if we r to use the Beowulf mag for .223 we aren’t breaking the law but still run the real risk of an uninformed officer making a mess of things?

Is that a fair evaluation?
    No. 50 beowolf magazines ARE 556 mags. Thus, they must be pinned to 5rds 556. That was one of the selling points of the 50beo - the fact you could just use your existing 556 mags for it rather than needing to buy new mags like you need to for other big bore AR cartridges. Some of the magazines use a different follower, but changing the follower doesn't change the fact it's a 556 mag.

That is the rcmp interpretation of this, and Alexander Arms won't (likely can't) provide any proof that they designed their mags from the ground up so there is no way to fight it. A cgn member has already tried to go down that road.

If an officer charges you, you might get to be the lucky person who finally gets this infront of a judge, as you'd be facing charges of possession of a prohibited device. (far more likely is they will drop that charge as part of a plea deal if they've got you on other stuff too, or they'll drop the charges in exchange for you relinquishing the mags. There has been two people that I've heard of being charged with this, one had multiple other charges and they dropped that one in exchange for a plea deal on others, the second guy I can't remember, he might have actually gotten them back in the end without going infront of a judge because it was the only thing he was charged with.)

As for the OPs, mention of 50beo pistol mags, there is no such thing as a 50 beo mag (they're just modified 556 mags) so no, you can't get a 10rd 50beo pistol mag.
    Last edited by Suther; 10-25-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Remember when you were a kid and you though algebra was confusing. Little did we know then .....
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12