Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: anyone thinking of buying a barrel from these guys do your self a favour...DO!

Are you saying they sent you a barrel with a different length gas system than you chose. Or was it the correct barrel and gas system length you wanted, but " off spec"?
    CCFR Member

Think of the time of year also, some people have holidays
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Think of the time of year also, some people have holidays
    Holidays shouldn't mean leaving your customers hanging for months at a time.

I love threads like this, I always leave them with a mental note of where not to spend my money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tlovell View Post
    Are you saying they sent you a barrel with a different length gas system than you chose. Or was it the correct barrel and gas system length you wanted, but " off spec"?
    The gas port likely didn't line up properly with the alignment key.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Hello all, i am sure everyone has a different opinion, so i will just share what has happened to me.
    Take it or leave it.
    I bought a brand new maple ridge match stainless fluted 18.6" barrel for my SLR build months ago.
    Never took it out of the box.
    Shipped it to Calgary shooting centre to have my build professionally assembled.
    On november 30th i was informed by the gunsmith assembling my build that there were two factory flaws in the barrel.
    One: there was a piece of metal protruding into the barrel from where the gas port was drilled.
    Two: the hole was drilled in the wrong spot.
    Now calgary shooting centre gave me two options, one buy a new barrel from them and return the maple ridge.
    This would allow my build to be completed, but i would have to deal with getting my money back, and fork out an additional 300$.
    Or option two, they would contact maple ridge and have the barrel replaced under warranty since it was brand new.
    I chose option two
    since maple ridge told calgary shooting centre that a new barrel would be only four weeks out. (which is still a long time, but im in no rush)
    THIS IS NOW WEEK SEVEN, I STILL DONT HAVE A BARREL,

AFTER TWO MONTHS I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK, MY REQUEST FOR REFUND OF FUNDS WAS DENIED BY MAPLE RIDGE BECAUSE MY BARREL IS BEING REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY!!!

ARE THESE GUYS FOR REAL?

ARE THEY MAKING THESE BARRELS IN THERE GARAGE?

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND STAY CLEAR OF THESE SCAMMERS, ALL I WANTED WAS A BARREL....NOW I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

PROPS TO CALGARY SHOOTING CENTRE WHO HAVE BEEN SITTING ON MY BUILD FOR TWO MONTHS NOW PATIENTLY WAITING.

Needless to say I have just left them justified negative feedback.
    ^^^ see parts in bold

You chose the course of action when you agreed to a warranty replacement.

If that exact barrel is out of stock (which it was because they gave a lead time) then they can't replace it until they do another run of the same barrels, no? Sometimes that means waiting longer than both you and the manufacturer expect.

Ya, waiting sucks but whining about the course of action you chose to take is going to make it all better???

I don't see how the negative trader feedback is justifiable in this situation.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Last edited by TeeJay; 01-22-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

Sounds like its a company to avoid...

North

Quote Originally Posted by tlovell View Post
    It was off spec, brand new Un useable.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    ^^^ see parts in bold

You chose the course of action when you agreed to a warranty replacement.

If that exact barrel is out of stock (which it was because they gave a lead time) then they can't replace it until they do another run of the same barrels, no? Sometimes that means waiting longer than both you and the manufacturer expect.

Ya, waiting sucks but whining about the course of action you chose to take is going to make it all better???

I don't see how the negative trader feedback is justifiable in this situation.
    I was quoted four weeks for a replacement, Christmas is a week so let's say five weeks... after that I believe it's fair game to request a refund don't you?

I also took the high road and deleted my negative feedback.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast