Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: anyone thinking of buying a barrel from these guys do your self a favour...DO!

I asked Wild West for a refund after much poor communication, it’s been over 3 weeks and they tell me instead of electronic refund for my emt I have to wait for them to mail a paper cheque so another week goes by and they tell me they finally mailed the cheque, so looks like another week or 2 waiting for that, welcome to customer service 2019

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    I also took the high road and deleted my negative feedback.
    That's not taking the high road, that's rendering a feedback system useless. If you had a negative experiences then leave negative feedback. Be happy that your post has apparently gotten the seller to take action, many times you'll get nothing from a bad seller.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    Hard to "buy Canadian" when this is the type of stuff we're left to deal with.
    Sadly this is exactly what I expect from Canadian Gun Products these days.
    Very unfortunate.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Maybe it takes a while to get the products back from china

In business it's almost never about your mistakes, it's about how you fix them. I don't know the entire situation here, but often the answer is simple and inexpensive, yet companies seem to insist on taking a different route. In your case, after waiting the amount of time suggested and not getting the product, it seems your request for a refund would have solved the issue. A simple solution, but one not chosen. I hope you're happy with the new barrel!
    Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. - Frederick Douglass

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    The only thing they will tell me is that they will email me when my barrel is shipped.
    Terrible customer service, two months to replace a barrel...come on.

I believe you are justified in being upset that your high expectations of them is not being met. I do warn you that in regards to the 'small niche market' that firearms owners are in Canada (the belief of most, not all, of firearms manufactures and parts suppliers), we don't get much satisfaction or caring from them. We do expect better of those we buy from in Canada because they should know, but not always.

I would also like to point out that I am heading into my 21st month on a shotgun that went in on warranty (not from this sponsor), to basically get a $0.07 spring for the barrel selector replaced... that they decided to replace with a whole new shotgun 10 months ago for my troubles... and I have done everything short of suing them to either get the firearm back or the replacement. I tell this not only to tell it (sorry Maple Ridge) but to explain that you that no matter how hard you want to get satisfaction, it is not always possible, no matter how reasonable it should be.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Maybe it takes a while to get the products back from china
    These are 100% Canadian made

Hello all, i am sure everyone has a different opinion, so i will just share what has happened to me.
    Take it or leave it.
    I bought a brand new maple ridge match stainless fluted 18.6" barrel for my SLR build months ago.
    Never took it out of the box.
    Shipped it to Calgary shooting centre to have my build professionally assembled.
    On november 30th i was informed by the gunsmith assembling my build that there were two factory flaws in the barrel.
    One: there was a piece of metal protruding into the barrel from where the gas port was drilled.
    Two: the hole was drilled in the wrong spot.
    Now calgary shooting centre gave me two options, one buy a new barrel from them and return the maple ridge.
    This would allow my build to be completed, but i would have to deal with getting my money back, and fork out an additional 300$.
    Or option two, they would contact maple ridge and have the barrel replaced under warranty since it was brand new.
    I chose option two since maple ridge told calgary shooting centre that a new barrel would be only four weeks out. (which is still a long time, but im in no rush)
    THIS IS NOW WEEK SEVEN, I STILL DONT HAVE A BARREL,

AFTER TWO MONTHS I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK, MY REQUEST FOR REFUND OF FUNDS WAS DENIED BY MAPLE RIDGE BECAUSE MY BARREL IS BEING REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY!!!

ARE THESE GUYS FOR REAL?

ARE THEY MAKING THESE BARRELS IN THERE GARAGE?

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND STAY CLEAR OF THESE SCAMMERS, ALL I WANTED WAS A BARREL....NOW I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

PROPS TO CALGARY SHOOTING CENTRE WHO HAVE BEEN SITTING ON MY BUILD FOR TWO MONTHS NOW PATIENTLY WAITING.

Needless to say I have just left them justified negative feedback.
    Thank you for the heads up! I have been debating buying a grendel barrel from them. This isn't the first issue I have read about regarding quality issues. Don't listen to the naysayers. If they couldn't meet what they said they would do on the warranty replacement they should issue a prompt refund. why should you suffer because of their inept QC?!
    Hopefully they make things right. Please update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Hello all, i am sure everyone has a different opinion, so i will just share what has happened to me.
    Take it or leave it.
    I bought a brand new maple ridge match stainless fluted 18.6" barrel for my SLR build MONTHS ago.
    Never took it out of the box.

Shipped it to Calgary shooting centre to have my build professionally assembled.
    On november 30th i was informed by the gunsmith assembling my build that there were two factory flaws in the barrel.
    One: there was a piece of metal protruding into the barrel from where the gas port was drilled.
    Two: the hole was drilled in the wrong spot.
    Now calgary shooting centre gave me two options, one buy a new barrel from them and return the maple ridge.
    This would allow my build to be completed, but i would have to deal with getting my money back, and fork out an additional 300$.
    Or option two, they would contact maple ridge and have the barrel replaced under warranty since it was brand new.
    I chose option two since maple ridge told calgary shooting centre that a new barrel would be only four weeks out. (which is still a long time, but im in no rush)
    THIS IS NOW WEEK SEVEN, I STILL DONT HAVE A BARREL,

AFTER TWO MONTHS I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK, MY REQUEST FOR REFUND OF FUNDS WAS DENIED BY MAPLE RIDGE BECAUSE MY BARREL IS BEING REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY!!!

ARE THESE GUYS FOR REAL?

ARE THEY MAKING THESE BARRELS IN THERE GARAGE?

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND STAY CLEAR OF THESE SCAMMERS, ALL I WANTED WAS A BARREL....NOW I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

PROPS TO CALGARY SHOOTING CENTRE WHO HAVE BEEN SITTING ON MY BUILD FOR TWO MONTHS NOW PATIENTLY WAITING.

Needless to say I have just left them justified negative feedback.
    ^^^ once again see part in bold

That was your first mistake.

I was quoted four weeks for a replacement, Christmas is a week so let's say five weeks... after that I believe it's fair game to request a refund don't you?
    Sure it's fair game to ask for a refund HOWEVER given the circumstances I think they are well within their rights to offer a warranty replacement as a solution and refuse to issue a refund.

Did you not read the companies return and exchange policy prior to placing an order with them?

https://www.mapleridgearmoury.com/re...change-policy/

I wouldn't issue you a refund either.

1. You didn't inspect the product when you received it thus you didn't request to return it for refund within the time frame set out in the policy.

2. You agreed to a replacement through a warranty claim.

The company is no longer obligated to do anything more for you than replace a defective product with one that isn't defective.

How can they do that until they have that same product in stock again?

People have to take responsibility for their share of the negligence. But it's always easier to pass the blame on to the other person right???

Sorry fella, I run a business. There are rules and policies in place for a reason. The customer isn't always right.

You deserve a replacement NOT a refund.

Last edited by jiffx2781; 01-22-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    ^^^ once again see part in bold

That was your first mistake.

Sure it's fair game to ask for a refund HOWEVER given the circumstances I think they are well within their rights to offer a warranty replacement as a solution and refuse to issue a refund.

Did you not read the companies return and exchange policy prior to placing an order with them?

https://www.mapleridgearmoury.com/re...change-policy/

I wouldn't issue you a refund either.

1. You didn't inspect the product when you received it thus you didn't request to return it for refund within the time frame set out in the policy.

2. You agreed to a replacement through a warranty claim.

The company is no longer obligated to do anything more for you than replace a defective product with one that isn't defective.

How can they do that until they have that same product in stock again?

People have to take responsibility for their share of the negligence. But it's always easier to pass the blame on to the other person right???

Sorry fella, I run a business. There are rules and policies in place for a reason. The customer isn't always right.

You deserve a replacement NOT a refund.

What business do you own so I can make sure to never spend my money there?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast