Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: anyone thinking of buying a barrel from these guys do your self a favour...DO!

anyone thinking of buying a barrel from these guys do your self a favour...DO!

Long story short, bought an inferior (brand new) un useable barrel.
    Maple ridge took there sweet ass time replacing it.
    Made it right by letting me choose any barrel i wanted.
    And threw in a free muzzle break for my wasted time.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by cman; 01-30-2019 at 07:09 AM.

BANNED
    Capslock is dumb

Sorry for your poor experience.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    My S&J hardware barrel had a burr from drilling the gas port. I wasn't thrilled about it either, and was told that it was normal and would get knocked off when fired. As a machinist, I'm well aware that a hole can be drilled without leaving a gnarly burr in the bore, but it was what it was. I was able to remove most of the burr with a patch on a brass jag.

After firing, the remaining burr was, in fact, removed. I was concerned that the chunk that was removed would gouge the bore on its way out, but it doesn't appear to have done any damage. So your protrusion from the gas port was likely a non-issue. The gas port being in the wrong position is a bit of a deal breaker. Lol.

Maybe they're custom making you a new barrel to replace the old one? They might not have one on the shelf. Have you attempted to contact them about it? I've heard mostly positive things about their customer service.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

!!
    Last edited by cman; 01-30-2019 at 08:59 AM.

I understand your frustration, been down this path. That being said, long waits seem to be the norm these days. Ive waited 6m-year for items to be repaired /replaced. Meanwhile, you cant get a hold of these people by phone or email. Still waiting to hear from Korth over an issue...
    That being said, hope it all works out and thanks for the heads up!

North

Problem solved.
    Last edited by cman; 01-30-2019 at 08:59 AM.

GunNutz
    I also got a barrel from them that was out of spec, I sent it back in the beginning of December and they said at the time that they didn’t have any in stock or they would just send me a new one, here we are at nearly the end of January they have not fixed my barrel but they have more in stock? Where is my barrel? And I did phone seems like they are pretty busy but that is no excuse for poor service provided to people you sold a faulty product to.

CGN Regular
    Hard to "buy Canadian" when this is the type of stuff we're left to deal with.

They contacted me this morning and guaranteed me a superior product and have it shipped by end of this week...so stay tuned folks.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast