Thread: "You will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information"

"You will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information"

Hi guys

My first application for unrestricted PAL arrived in Miramichi on Dec 17th, 2018

Just today my credit card was charged and my application finally showed up online, and it states:

Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date.
    My question: Should I call in now and ask them what's missing? Or wait a few days? In the "Shorten PAL Approval Times" thread it says

If you haven't been contacted by CFC after a few days into the processing stage, give them a call and inquire if there are any deficiencies or missing information.
    Also, is the phone number to call 1-800-731-4000 (shown in "Shorten PAL Approval Times")? It appears that is the phone number for the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, and not the CFC, which is 613-993-7267 according to this page

I'm very surprised that there is information missing in my application, as I triple and quadruple checked every answer, included all my proof of safety training, as well as my picture cut to size and all

Thank you

P.S. They charged my credit card $80, even though I am only applying for unrestricted PAL. Is that because I checked the box for restricted where it said "check for all licenses you wish to obtain in the next 5 years"?

If they billed your card they processed. If they denied you a pal they wouldn't bill you.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snider shooter View Post
    If they billed your card they processed. If they denied you a pal they wouldn't bill you.
    Right, I didn't think my application would have been denied, but I mean it clearly says I will be contacted for additional information, are you saying that's a standard message everyone gets?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post
    are you saying that's a standard message everyone gets?
    Yes

CFP phone is 1-800-731-4000

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cont/index-eng.htm
    Last edited by Paul_T; 01-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

They may call your references but normally not a problem. Yep it's a standard message. Give it a week or two and if nothing has been changed call them.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snider shooter View Post
    They may call your references but normally not a problem. Yep it's a standard message. Give it a week or two and if nothing has been changed call them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Thanks guys...I guess I will call in just to be sure because from searching on this forum, other people who had the same message had something wrong/missing with their application.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post

P.S. They charged my credit card $80, even though I am only applying for unrestricted PAL. Is that because I checked the box for restricted where it said "check for all licenses you wish to obtain in the next 5 years"?
    So you took the unrestricted course but checked off the restricted box on your application? I think you should give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by old_man View Post
    So you took the unrestricted course but checked off the restricted box on your application? I think you should give them a call.
    I guess, the question is worded weirdly. It says on the form:

Indicate the class of firearms you wish to acquire and possess in the next five (5) years. Check all that apply
    I figured that if I do my RPAL in the next 5 years, that would apply to this question. Or so I thought...

EDIT: Update to this question, after calling them just now, NO it is not a normal standard message, and yes there was additional information they needed. From me putting down restricted on the form for that question (2b), they thought that I wanted a restricted license and sent me some other paperwork to fill in (she says they were sent today as well). In the end she was very kind, refunded me $20 because I was only doing non-restricted, and she changed my application to non-restricted only. As soon as I told her the question was worded weirdly she knew exactly what I meant, as though she had heard others saying the same thing.

After talking to the lady and getting it all sorted, my status online is now:

Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    Newbies keep this in mind don't make the same mistake I did.
    Last edited by Sugarkryptonite; 01-22-2019 at 07:51 PM.