Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cz new rimfire for 2019

That Varmint MTR stock is a gross as can be, and while the Manners stock design is nice, the seagull shyte camo looks like it came out of a kindergarten art class... but, I really like the slender, classic "Hogsback/Schnabel" stock... the one pictured appears to be beech though, hopefully also available in nice walnut.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytcanon View Post
    That Varmint MTR stock is a gross as can be, and while the Manners stock design is nice, the seagull shyte camo looks like it came out of a kindergarten art class... but, I really like the slender, classic "Hogsback/Schnabel" stock... the one pictured appears to be beech though, hopefully also available in nice walnut.

The classic looking one sure has the old Brno feel and look. It has same sights as a Brno no 2

Super Moderator

It’s 3 am in bc and my bag didn’t arrive with me grrrr but I took photos of the Lipsey Rugers for you bud and when my bag eventually gets to Vancouver I’ll post them

Quote Originally Posted by made in bc View Post
    It’s 3 am in bc and my bag didn’t arrive with me grrrr but I took photos of the Lipsey Rugers for you bud and when my bag eventually gets to Vancouver I’ll post them
    That is fantastic! Greatly appreciated... thanks, Chum.

That is fantastic! Greatly appreciated... thanks, Chum.
    P.S - sorry about your luggage... hopefully it will turn up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dake21 View Post
    I wonder why they changed the safety. They make it like a big deal on their website saying it was the biggest improvement ??
    CZ is just trying to stay ahead of the game. With the new Tikka T1x, they’re addressing every known complaint about the design. They now even have a factory 11mm to weaver base that some rifles will come with installed from the factory and available for purchase as a mounting option for guns that didn’t come with one.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Super Moderator
    P.S - sorry about your luggage... hopefully it will turn up.
    Thankfully I had my Meindl boots on my feet. Would’ve been sick losing them until bag showed up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Yes unfortunately for us who preferred the iron sight classic walnut CZ rifles, CZ is obviously heading towards the direction of what’s more popular. I don’t like the style of either the MTR or the camo stock gun. I have however been needing a .22WMR in my life and that 457 Lux with the irons and long barrel suits my style a lot more.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    If any of you Shot Show attendees can bend the ear of someone @ the CZ booth, I'd be very curious to know if CZ plans to ever thread their barrels into the receivers like they did in the BRNO/CZ452 era. These guns look fantastic, and would be an easy sell to me if they were built like a 452.
    I did ask as I prefer the old way as well. As much as they are producing a classic looking gun that looks very 452/old Brno no 2 they said no plan to change barrel back to being threaded.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'm disappointed that the only one stated to come with a match chamber is lefty-hostile
    I've got a 527 MTR in 6.5 Grendel and the stock isn't that bad as a lefty. You're basically forced into a thumb up position, and thankfully the cheek piece isn't rude. I don't understand why the 557 Varmint has an ambi pattern to the grip, but they didn't follow suit on the 527 and now 457. I'll be picking up a 457 MTR as soon as I can find one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast