Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cz new rimfire for 2019

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    The biggest improvement on these rifles is the bolt throw. It's significantly reduced as you can see in picture 1. Now, a lot more optics will be able to be mounted lower without the bolt handle hitting the eye piece.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Interested in more info about the new safety.
    Is the safety integrated into the trigger mechanism like in a rem’ 700 style or is it integrated into the action somehow?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    If any of you Shot Show attendees can bend the ear of someone @ the CZ booth, I'd be very curious to know if CZ plans to ever thread their barrels into the receivers like they did in the BRNO/CZ452 era. These guns look fantastic, and would be an easy sell to me if they were built like a 452.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    If any of you Shot Show attendees can bend the ear of someone @ the CZ booth, I'd be very curious to know if CZ plans to ever thread their barrels into the receivers like they did in the BRNO/CZ452 era. These guns look fantastic, and would be an easy sell to me if they were built like a 452.
    I'd like someone to tell them that my straw poll has the laser etching of the model on the nice wood of some of the the 457 series as a "significant fail"......
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    The biggest improvement on these rifles is the bolt throw. It's significantly reduced as you can see in picture 1. Now, a lot more optics will be able to be mounted lower without the bolt handle hitting the eye piece.
    That's got to be a very good thing.. good on them for recognizing it and making the changes

CGN Regular
    "Push safety forward to fire", that's an interesting feature.

Morning Star

The Lightbringer
    That target trainer makes me excited, I've always been bitter about missing out on the Brno MkIV serial number xxx007 at a local shop, nice heavy barrel full size sniper trainer. This new CZ looks a lot like that one.
    Slavex
    It's always more fun to shoot stuff that does stuff.

Some Mornings, It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Leather Straps

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'm disappointed that the only one stated to come with a match chamber is lefty-hostile
    Agreed. The market for 22LR trainers is starting to get competitive with the Ruger Precision Rimfire and the new Tikka. You'd think at least one of these companies would try to service or even corner the left-handed market. I'm looking for a new 22LR trainer and, while the CZ 452 American is a great rifle, it's a unicorn to find, and it's be nice to have another option.
    It is not enough to aim; you must hit.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the pictures! I know a lot of people, myself included, are pretty eager to their hands on the new CZ 457 line.

One question: Does the CZ 457 Precision Trainer come with the same chamber as the CZ 457 MTR or does it come with the CZ 457 Varmint chamber?

Thanks.
    Chamber on the mtr is tighter.

I wonder why they changed the safety. They make it like a big deal on their website saying it was the biggest improvement ??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast