Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who better to model a Les Baer 1911 other than Les Baer :)

CGN frequent flyer carlchevalier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dray006 View Post
    A Les Baer is Definitely in my top 5 NEED TO OWN firearms. They're so pricey, but I've heard nothing but good things. This will be my .45 1911 for my collection...one day.
    Way less money than all the other customs. Just look at Wilson, Nighthawk.... they go for 2X the price. I think they are very reasonable for the gun you get. Even the semi-customs like STI are outrageous compared. Definitely on my list too

I have had three 45 wadcutter guns , a 45 ball gun and a .38 super wadcutter gun from Les Baer, all came perfect, all shot like sin and in over 20 years, never had a malfunction of any kind. They are about the only company that heat reats them first and then machines them so they stay true. My first wadcutter gun has over 70000 rounds through it and is still like a bank vault .
    marksmanship,not something you once did,but rather what you can do on command

Aside from being the 1911 guru, he has an incredible vintage muscle car collection. I saw a tv program featuring him a few years back, and they walked through his car collection after talking about the 1911 manufacturing.

The only thing about photos such as the above is that it makes me sad to see how old people like Les Baer are getting.....d*mn.
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    The Gandalf of 1911s.
    Ar ar ar... nailed it!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cdill View Post
    Aside from being the 1911 guru, he has an incredible vintage muscle car collection. I saw a tv program featuring him a few years back, and they walked through his car collection after talking about the 1911 manufacturing.

The only thing about photos such as the above is that it makes me sad to see how old people like Les Baer are getting.....d*mn.
    On the last day of the show the conversation turned to his cars and racing history. It was an interesting experience to here him describe his collection and his years driving on the circuit. He has some amazing cars in his collection and is a wealth of knowledge.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Who is Les Bauer? Jack Bauers father?
    Did you assume it was a trade name only

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by carlchevalier View Post
    Way less money than all the other customs. Just look at Wilson, Nighthawk.... they go for 2X the price. I think they are very reasonable for the gun you get. Even the semi-customs like STI are outrageous compared. Definitely on my list too
    Exactly! If I were to spend over $1500 on a 1911 it would be a Les Baer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12