Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Legend Tactical Spotting Scope....

GunNutz

Bushnell Legend Tactical Spotting Scope....

Greetings Mr. T.T.
    I believe in one of your posts you mentioned a Bushnell Legend spotting scopes with the mil reticle.
    What is your opinion of it?
    ht tps://www.bushnell.com/Products/Spotting-Scopes/Legend-Tactical/Legend-T-series-15-45x60/?sku=781545ED

I was considering a spotting scope with a mil reticle and liked the size and price point of this one.
    Thank you

Business Member
    Don’t buy ONE!

Buy TWO of them.....

Here I am at the Meaford LRSC with two of them set up for my spotting duties......

Name:  4DC7338E-3545-4133-AD2B-DD7B52851431.jpg
Views: 2276
Size:  45.3 KB

Honestly I borrowed it from my RO while I needed the THREE spotting scopes since my targets were quite “off axis” from each other, it’s a great job that the Match Designers pulled off to challenge the super caliber of shooters at this match!

Back to the scope, this scope for the money is loaded with all sorts of features. Since the glass is a FFP or Front Focal Plane, the reticle grows with the power range increase so that the reticle subtension maintains its integrity in terms of measuring ability. Something I could not do with my KOWA TSN 82SV which is one fabulous piece of glass, but my next level I need to raise my game To demanded that I begin using the reticle as a measuring means versus the common use as an aiming mark / indicator.

I particularly love how all the adjustments (power, focus, reticle focus, diopter adjusting barrels are ALL on the tube closest to YOU and your master hand does not need to adjust the focus knob that’s usually up high in the “dorsal” region of the scope body.

My only sacrifice purchasing this great scope is that I am used to amazing glass quality with little to NO aberration ...or edge to edge distortion that comes with super quality glass. Hey it’s a $800 or $900 scope so I am “making do” with this scope. At this price point, I don’t mind at all. It’s a trade off I can live with.

In summary, it’s a game changer when you can adjust your shooters’ next bullet since you now have a “ruler” at your disposal.

It gets even better when your shooter also has a similar reticle, now BOTH of you can share / discuss/ self adjust/ self correct/ adjust for wind TOGETHER! Teamwork is sure fun!!

Should you get one? All depends! How do you want to “raise” your game?

Next upgrade....Triad Tactical scope cover for this Bushy Spotter. Come and look at mine while you practice and compete with me at Garrison Petawawa this season!

Cheers, Barney

+1
    After using that spotting scope at the NSCC last year I went out and bought one, and upgraded my optics from MOA to Mil for all the reasons above.

GunNutz
    That's what I needed to here...real world experience.
    The last few years Bushnell has offered a great rebate in March...so just planning ahead.
    Thanks fellas!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I owned one for awhile. It's a nice scope for the price- especially if bought during the big promos- but the focus ring doesn't have fine adjustment and does have some backlash, so can be a little fussy to get perfectly focused. Still, decent clarity and reticle for the price point. A nice compact package. And having a 'ruler' equipped spotting scope is invaluable!

I eventually sold mine to upgrade into a larger MRad spotter.

Where did you get your spotting scope covers?

I am looking for one for this exact scope.

Thank you.
    Ducimus

Triad Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Flan View Post
    Where did you get your spotting scope covers?

I am looking for one for this exact scope.

Thank you.

+1 more. Great scope for the money!

I just bought one of these on amazon.com for 398$ USD after exchange and tax I got this for 574$ Canadian dollars . Now if you google bushnell T series spotting scope Canada like 4 Canadian stores are selling these anywhere from 749$ - 850$ Canadian dollars WTF !

Love the K5 mount for kestrel and the case by triad tactical

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast