CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Remington Defence Precision Rifles

  1. #11
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by furtaker View Post
    That's one crazy expensive stock. feels good. Beat out AI and Cadex for US government stuff so I was told while at shot show
    Don't sniff, but I think one of the Canadian tactical chassis companies contracts to Remington for their stocks. One reason why their name is not as prominent in Canadian shooting circles is they are quite busy filling orders.
    Proud of my country, not happy with my government.

  2. #12
    Super GunNutz neoconfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    Because the military cancelled the order when remington started delivering rifles with different barrels then they had on the MSR rifle that were "underwhelming" in performance... As a result a new competition launched (I wanna say it's the ASR)

    Remington, snatching defeat and bankruptcy from the jaws of victory!!
    Do you have a source for this? As far as I can tell, Remington delivered the order in full and the Advanced Sniper Rifle competition is for SOCOM, albeit to replace their MSRs.
    When I die, don't let my girlfriend sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

    CSSA|CCFR

  3. #13
    CGN Regular mustang979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Do you have a source for this? As far as I can tell, Remington delivered the order in full and the Advanced Sniper Rifle competition is for SOCOM, albeit to replace their MSRs.
    I'd have to try to find it again, there was multiple links to multiple articles, there was even the financials leaked that showed rfp (or whatever it was called) was cancelled and the funds never got paid to remington.... All the links were on snipers hide but I'll try to find them for you. it had to do with the barrels in the evaluation rigs had bartlein barrels if I remember correctly, and when remington delivered the first batch, they had in house remington barrels with the typical current quality control... It was not pretty.
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

  4. #14
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    Don't sniff, but I think one of the Canadian tactical chassis companies contracts to Remington for their stocks. One reason why their name is not as prominent in Canadian shooting circles is they are quite busy filling orders.
    That's simply not true - they don't contract Remington to produce their stuff. Remington, and if I'm correct in assuming that you're referring to Cadex, worked together jointly to develop their chassis, hence a lot of similarities. Both companies produce and make their own stuff.

  5. #15
    CGN Regular mustang979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Do you have a source for this? As far as I can tell, Remington delivered the order in full and the Advanced Sniper Rifle competition is for SOCOM, albeit to replace their MSRs.
    OH, and the and the PSR competition was a joint socom/us army venture.... would proving that be enough proof for you at the m2010/MSR/Mk-21 was under performing? if it wasn't, why else would socom turn around and start the ASR competition to replace it?
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

  6. #16
    CGN Regular mustang979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    912
    here, read through this, it touches on how remington ####ed it up, and how the m2010/mk24 or whatever is dead and done and the US is moving on to replace it since it isn't performing

    http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...ation.6902427/
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

  7. #17
    CGN Regular bkelly4790's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Calgary, AB & Fredericksburg, Virginia
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    here, read through this, it touches on how remington ####ed it up, and how the m2010/mk24 or whatever is dead and done and the US is moving on to replace it since it isn't performing

    http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...ation.6902427/
    The Mk21 PSR and the M2010 are not the same rifle the 2010s are very well recieved besides some issues with the Mk248 Mod1/AB43 early on before going back to Mk248 Mod0/A191 ammo.

    The PSRs when selected were using Bartlien blanks for the barrel after winning the contract Remington began using standard in house blanks and they could not meet the accuracy requirements of the contract and the contract was dissolved.

  8. #18
    CGN Regular mustang979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by bkelly4790 View Post
    The Mk21 PSR and the M2010 are not the same rifle the 2010s are very well recieved besides some issues with the Mk248 Mod1/AB43 early on before going back to Mk248 Mod0/A191 ammo.

    The PSRs when selected were using Bartlien blanks for the barrel after winning the contract Remington began using standard in house blanks and they could not meet the accuracy requirements of the contract and the contract was dissolved.
    I am sorry, you are right, the 2010's are I believe the older mk24's moved in to the new fan-dangled chassis to extend their life, the PSR winning rifle is the PSR/MSR/mk21, which is the one that is a bust as you mentioned
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

  9. #19
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    That's simply not true - they don't contract Remington to produce their stuff. Remington, and if I'm correct in assuming that you're referring to Cadex, worked together jointly to develop their chassis, hence a lot of similarities. Both companies produce and make their own stuff.
    You are correct. I reversed the verb. I was stating a Canadian company sells to Remington. You put much more detail on that piece of mental fluff flitting around my brain like a milkweed seed.
    Proud of my country, not happy with my government.

  10. #20
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    Because the military cancelled the order when remington started delivering rifles with different barrels then they had on the MSR rifle that were "underwhelming" in performance... As a result a new competition launched (I wanna say it's the ASR)

    Remington, snatching defeat and bankruptcy from the jaws of victory!!
    Haha doesn't surprise me. What surprised me was that remington won in the first place there when the sako m10 and accuracy international axmc were even available as options. But surprise surprise remington still sucks.

    I did see a change in the asr calibers they subbed the 300win mag and 338 lapua for a 300 and 338 norma. I suspect this also means they will be getting that 338 norma medium mg. But that's a discussion from a different time and place.

    I suspect this time it will be a two horse race between sako and accuracy international... maybe barrett as well.

    I actually dont know of any other entrant than accuracy international so I'm not too educated to comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •