Remington 700 CP

I could be wrong but doesn't a a bolt action rifle (excluding rimfire) have to have a barrel longer than 16.5 to be considered NR? So even if they did put a stock on it wouldn't it not fit that requirement?
Thats just what I have been told don't know if its true or not!

I could be wrong but doesn't a a bolt action rifle (excluding rimfire) have to have a barrel longer than 16.5 to be considered NR? So even if they did put a stock on it wouldn't it not fit that requirement?
Thats just what I have been told don't know if its true or not!

No it would be non restricted if overall length is over 26"

Canadian manufacturer MDT will provide a Rem700 (right or left) chassis (LSS ?) that will allow anyone to make a quick handling and remarkably great shooting bolt gun.
Then check Canadian manufacturer MatadorArms.com for folding stock capabilities. Easy to do and you don't have to wait.

I would also buy one with a stock

I'm pretty sure if they add a stock it'll turn it into a rifle and require a tax stamp in the USA (as a short barreled rifle), making it too pricey to produce, and our market is way to small for custom guns from the manufacture.

Does it make sense to buy it as restricted and I can buy the parts in canada to throw a stock on and then make it non restricted?

I'm pretty sure if they add a stock it'll turn it into a rifle and require a tax stamp in the USA (as a short barreled rifle), making it too pricey to produce, and our market is way to small for custom guns from the manufacture.

It’s not really a “custom” gun. Instructions for Remington : place CP barreled action in chassis you already have, tighten bolts. Hardly custom

Does it make sense to buy it as restricted and I can buy the parts in canada to throw a stock on and then make it non restricted?

I used to go the same range as a guy who had a XP 100 pistol (which is classified as a restricted handgun). He re-barrelled it and added a rifle stock to shoot long distance. Since it was classified as a handgun he could not get the classification changed to non-restricted rifle. I am assuming if this is classified as a handgun in Canada it would be impossible to change this classification (if someone on CGN knows what I have just said is wrong i'm sure they will post shortly).

The easiest solution would be to buy a non-restricted bolt action rifle and purchase an aftermarket shorter barrel.

I'm going to revive this thread out of interest. I would 1000% buy one of these.

They should still be non-restricted even with the 21" OAL because they are a manual action firearm, designed to be operated two handed, and made with their short length in factory.

Back
Top Bottom