Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 CP

Quote Originally Posted by Asuper59 View Post
    I would also buy one with a stock
    I second this motion.

CGN frequent flyer
    I would also buy one with a stock
    I'm pretty sure if they add a stock it'll turn it into a rifle and require a tax stamp in the USA (as a short barreled rifle), making it too pricey to produce, and our market is way to small for custom guns from the manufacture.

Does it make sense to buy it as restricted and I can buy the parts in canada to throw a stock on and then make it non restricted?

Does it make sense to buy it as restricted and I can buy the parts in canada to throw a stock on and then make it non restricted?
    i don’t believe that would fly. I can’t extend something that’s called a pistol by the manufacture and call it a long gun

Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    I'm pretty sure if they add a stock it'll turn it into a rifle and require a tax stamp in the USA (as a short barreled rifle), making it too pricey to produce, and our market is way to small for custom guns from the manufacture.
    It’s not really a “custom” gun. Instructions for Remington : place CP barreled action in chassis you already have, tighten bolts. Hardly custom

I used to go the same range as a guy who had a XP 100 pistol (which is classified as a restricted handgun). He re-barrelled it and added a rifle stock to shoot long distance. Since it was classified as a handgun he could not get the classification changed to non-restricted rifle. I am assuming if this is classified as a handgun in Canada it would be impossible to change this classification (if someone on CGN knows what I have just said is wrong i'm sure they will post shortly).

The easiest solution would be to buy a non-restricted bolt action rifle and purchase an aftermarket shorter barrel.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

BANNED
    I'm going to revive this thread out of interest. I would 1000% buy one of these.

They should still be non-restricted even with the 21" OAL because they are a manual action firearm, designed to be operated two handed, and made with their short length in factory.

I see these are in stock in the USA. Any news?

Bump. Just get the barrel.

This ^^^^^
    The receiver will always be restricted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast