Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto Ordnance OD Green Thompson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I wouldn't care if it was an unreliable pos I would still love one just because!!
    I asked IRG about these a year ago and they said they cant bring them here , like was said above its a "named" prohib
    total bs if you ask me

Im more interested in the shark 1911 on the top left..

Prohib... because bad guys carried them in 80s gangster movies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Auto Ordnance builds junk anyways. If you brought up a Tommy Gun it probably won't work. Their M1 Carbine I bought they made was a steaming pile of excrement.
    Obviously you've never owned or fired a Auto Ordnance Thompson .
    I do and have and it is a quality piece
    It never missed a beat until the Liberals placed it under house arrest .

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN frequent flyer
    I wonder if someone could bring one of these up as they’re built on brand new semi auto receivers.

They already did that (in the '70s?) The 1927A1 was built on a newly designed semi-auto receiver and the manufacturer went to great pains to satisfy the ATF that no full-auto parts would fit. It looked kind of funny because it had a long (18"?) barrel to avoid the American short-barrelled-rifle rule. They even made a version for the Canadian market with a 19" barrel to make it non-restricted. They couldn't fool the Canadian government, though. They banned all Thompson "variants". They also specifically banned the 1927A1 by name. While they were at it, they also banned the .22 rimfire look-alike by name.

Presumably. the same thing is going to happen to all MP40, MG34, Soumi, and other look-alikes the next time they get around to making up a list of new prohibs. It's already in the process of happening to the M16 look-alike called the AR15.
    Bomb 'em back to the stone age. ... Curtis Lemay

Tax 'em back to the stone age. ...Justin Trudeau

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    People race to write "prohib" to sound all informed.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Pretty sure the thompson is prohibited by name just like ak's, fal's, g3's etc

Quote Originally Posted by uglydukwling View Post
    I wonder if someone could bring one of these up as they’re built on brand new semi auto receivers.

They already did that (in the '70s?) The 1927A1 was built on a newly designed semi-auto receiver and the manufacturer went to great pains to satisfy the ATF that no full-auto parts would fit. It looked kind of funny because it had a long (18"?) barrel to avoid the American short-barrelled-rifle rule. They even made a version for the Canadian market with a 19" barrel to make it non-restricted. They couldn't fool the Canadian government, though. They banned all Thompson "variants". They also specifically banned the 1927A1 by name. While they were at it, they also banned the .22 rimfire look-alike by name.

Presumably. the same thing is going to happen to all MP40, MG34, Soumi, and other look-alikes the next time they get around to making up a list of new prohibs. It's already in the process of happening to the M16 look-alike called the AR15.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer capp325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Obviously you've never owned or fired a Auto Ordnance Thompson .
    I do and have and it is a quality piece
    The Auto Ordnance that built your Tommy gun is not the same Auto Ordnance that exists today. Just like today's Springfield Armoury and Armalite being nothing more than namesakes of the original companies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capp325 View Post
    The Auto Ordnance that built your Tommy gun is not the same Auto Ordnance that exists today. Just like today's Springfield Armoury and Armalite being nothing more than namesakes of the original companies.
    its a 12-5 not a 12-2 or 3
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

If only they weren't prohibited... that cerakote looks awesome!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast